• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A snapshot in time. A glimpse of the Plettenberger Kleinbahn in 1/22.5 scale.

Started by Hydrostat, September 27, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

Quote from: Bill Gill on May 03, 2019, 04:06:08 AM
Volker, Your method for making the sinks was simple and effective. Did their interior surface get any addition coatings or sanding to smooth them after removing them from the jig?

No, they were completely smooth aside of one "crack" where I put several layers of paper at one time and didn't notice there was a wrinkle. Using another, bigger hemisphere one could even have the outer surface smooth. I didn't take care because it's not visible later on.
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Lawton Maner

So, you used a technique quite like the way fiberglass boats are built to make the wash bowls?  Tissue paper and wood glue instead of fiber mats and resin.  VERY SMART.  Snipping the tissue as you shape it over the form would remove many of the problems with folds in the tissue in the final model. 

I wonder where this technique can led to?

Hydrostat

Quote from: Lawton Maner on May 03, 2019, 08:28:11 AMSnipping the tissue as you shape it over the form would remove many of the problems with folds in the tissue in the final model.

Especially for the very first layer this is quite a good idea for sure.

Chris J

[/quote]

Chris,

would you mind to post a closeup of the structure's surface to have a direct comparison with the toilet surface?

Cheers,
Volker
[/quote]

Hi Volker, I'll try to get some pics over the next couple of days

Regards

Chris J

Hydrostat

Bill Gill

That's a nice kitchen. I like all the components and details, especially the top of the table. The wear on it looks perfect.

Lawton Maner

Nice composition.  The layout makes for a useful work space.  I am waiting for you to add the aroma of baking bread to the diorama ;D ;D.

finescalerr

More 3-D prints or did you build up the kitchen appliances from something else? Either way everything seems quite adequate. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hydrostat

Thanks Bill, Lawton, Russ and Ray,

the smell of baking bread ... that's something. Will be difficult, to keep it in the kitchen area  ;D

Quote from: finescalerr on May 17, 2019, 10:43:27 AM
More 3-D prints or did you build up the kitchen appliances from something else? Either way everything seems quite adequate. -- Russ

The pots (?) with the wooden covers are 3D-printed, but making them on a lathe would habe lead to better results. The signs are printed to cigarette paper ans 'glued' to the prints with clear matte lacquer. Decals would have worked for sure but it is a bit expensive for just one small item.

The tiles mirror is very fine grey lines printed to silk matte photo glossy paper, back drenched with CA, which makes it irregularly translucent, and then glued to some white cardstock with PVA. Frame is tinned brass angle section and the dots are tinned brass nails. At the oven handles, pipe elbow and sleeves are printed. Everything else is low tech.

Cheers,
Volker

Hydrostat

The kitchen is nearly done aside of some items for the shelves. There are two independent light sources.

Cheers,
Volker

finescalerr

Design-HSB

Hello Volker,

please don't forget the oven sheet, because so falling embers would fall on the wooden floor, that was even then already regulation. There is also still a lack of fuel for heating the stove. This was now metered at an extremely high level, which would underline the already existing perfection.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Very effective lighting. I like the conduit on the wall and ceiling.

Ray Dunakin

Holy cow! Once again you've amazed me! Very fine work. I especially like the electrical conduits on the wall and ceiling.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World