• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Beautiful tractor model

Started by Chuck Doan, September 12, 2013, 08:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1376109291/Going+to+the+Nats-+Look+for+this+model.+%28Bandwidth+Warning!%29

Dave Krakow gave me this link. It won Best in Show at the recent IPMS meet in the U.S.  It is supposed to be 1/9 th scale according to the info from the show.
I am biased since I like tractors, but this is a wonderful scratchbuilt model.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Alexandre

Beautiful.
And it's a real pleasure to watch so huge pictures too. It's almost like looking it live!
There's plenty of interesting textures and it's very subtle.
The only point I dislike is the metal painting of the rear wheels. I don't know why, maybe it just looks like "painted" metal while the rest is so realistic.
Thanks for sharing!

Marc988

Speechless  :o.
Did you notice the butterflies in the radiator ?!

billmart

Holie carp!!!  That model is beautiful.

Bill Martinsen

Mr Potato Head

I was there! I saw it first hand! yep it was worthy! Nice job, really intricate and great coloring, I'll  take two please!
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

finescalerr

Remarkable. One of the very finest models I've ever seen. -- Russ

Hauk

Just plain beautiful.
But I pride myself in finding a nit to pick on every model I see. Not out of disrespect to the remarkable craftsmanship, but to try and identify what can give even the best model away.

I might be wrong on this, of course, but shouldn`t the rear wheels sink a bit into the ground?

I will head straight for the corner if I am out of line...

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Arno Boudoiron

Stunning work 8)

Quote from: Hauk on September 12, 2013, 11:53:39 AM
I might be wrong on this, of course, but shouldn`t the rear wheels sink a bit into the ground?
It was immediately my question when I saw the pics on FB a month ago...
And Alexandre knows how I' m uncompromising with those kind of details  :D  :-*

Alexandre

Quote from: Arno Boudoiron on September 12, 2013, 12:59:29 PM
And Alexandre knows how I' m uncompromising with those kind of details  :D  :-*

bahaha!  ;D
You're uncompromising on every kind of details.

1-32

love the fuel filter and frayed cables if it is 1-9 scale it is one big model.

SandiaPaul

Sheesh that is something...what do we know about it, materials used, etc...?

Paul

ps, Chuck you are not the only one who likes tractors...
Paul

BKruger

Amazing! Even has dead butterflies on the grill  :P

Chuck Doan

I haven't found any more info or a forum build topic. I would love to see how he did this and what materials he used. Like, where did those tires come from?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Max Corey

Fun little things.  The butterfly nut on the pressed crankcase cover plate.  The cable.  The box with tools.  Maybe a bit shiny on the rear wheel lugs but that would depend on where it had been driving... farm machinery shines up on working parts very quickly.  I like the rear end cover plate.  Wish I knew how to make a model look so real but keep trying.  I could start with a model of our old rake or baler then move on to the Farmall 560.  NAH!

Great model, thanks for the link.
A screw up on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.

chester