• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

ace radium 1-32n 20

Started by 1-32, September 03, 2013, 01:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hey barey,ray and chuck.
thanks for the feedback i will try and mock up a bit more of the idear in the next couple of days .i hope this will illistrate it all a bit more clearly.ray i think the big vent on the roof is a commercial product i have had it so long i have forgotten its source.
kind regards kim.

danpickard

Hi Kim,
Welcome home, and nice to see some glue flowing again (which is more than I can say for my modelling efforts lately...haven't even unpacked since the last exhibition in October!).  Liking the big building backdrop idea, which always works well to make the railway feel smaller and more narrow gauge.  Lots of alcoves, lots of corners, lots of little stories.

Cheers,
Dan

Junior

Looks superb so far and looking forward to see this develop.

Anders

1-32

good morning anders, dan.
how right are you ,shadows in this case with the help of airbrush,um mirrors.
kind regards kim

1-32

well what better way to end the year with a bit of modelling.
i have been moving along with the general layout of the main building -two levels and the entrance to the boat lagoon i feel that i am beginning to get the hang of ace radium.i have been trying out the 1-4 inch brick paper from micro mark for a bit of a change i think i will be fun to trying to mess it up a lot.just lately i got the blue prints for a experimental 2 man nuclar sub that was in development by the huges corporation i have to build it.

anyway all the best for the last bit 2013 kim

finescalerr

I'm glad you are back at work on the diorama but please keep us posted on the sub, too. -- Russ

1-32

hey russ
looking at the picture in the cold light of dawn=that brick paper i think i dont like it i will see what it is like once i airbrush it.
kind regards kim

finescalerr

A friend sent me a sample of that stuff a few years ago, Kim, and I didn't like it much, either. The texture and color were wrong, the bricks looked "blobby" and I much preferred the effect I got by printing bricks on card and scribing the mortar lines. In comparison to other methods we've seen here, neither my bricks nor Micro-Mark's reach the gold medal round. -- Russ

1-32

hi russ
what are you doing for christmas looks like the rest of the world is freezing there buns off.
the best brick sheets i have seen are marks, that are laser scribed.the effect i am after is a background far away effect so i selected a material that has very little detail.i will go to work on it and sees what will happen.my thinking at the moment is to dull it with a grey mist and pick out some of the mortar lines around the steel beams and pipes that will be added.
all the best kim

1-32

hi all
ace radium is slowly going forward.
what i have been doing is to get the base board and model filled in,that is to outline how the model will work as a whole.
it is 1 levels.the bottom level or ground level is the entrance and exit to the lagoon[black portion center of model]to give the model a sense of distance the track will  emerge  left under the 1 level water tower[it will travel out of sight. on the top level or 1 level there is a huge beam that supports the top building there the track travels in front of the building traveling under the water towards the frount of the model.this is one huge building with lots of spaces to be filled in.paint finishes well at this stage there are non i might paint the whole model one dark colour with one red beacon glowing in the channel tunnel.the photoes will follow in the next post
king regards kim

1-32

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

1-32

cool for cats hey mark.
looking at my posts my stuff is pritty rough.i dont have any idear most of the time i just keeping chipping away at it.i dont mind showing my chaos after the name of the post is -modellers at work.
kind regards kim

marc_reusser

For me, the biggest pleasure of a project thread, is watching how it progresses, how the individuals work, think, and approach their build. I find that I learn more from the this, and get more enjoyment out of this, than from the finished piece. :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

1-32

hi all
i am trying something different ,for me that is.
i tried a lot of different approaches for the windows and the tecknique that appeals to me is the painted glass approach.airbrush and watercolours.
kind regards kim.