• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

ace radium 1-32n 20

Started by 1-32, September 03, 2013, 01:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi all
lately i have moved on from my post-new project 2013 and are slowly rebuilding the blue top salvage company i feel that the name' ace radium' fits the model.same concept, old maritime factory on the coast some where and as i have said before small small base board muli level[700mm by 700 mm] 2 foot 4 inches by 2 foot 4 inches.
here is a photo of the mess before the order.the 2  photo is of a power generation unit that i have built.i will be placed at the back of the factory and painted a dark colour to give it some depth.it will be open at the side the photo also shows the different sight angles that are possible.the thick dark line is the track snaking through the building and travelling behind the back scene.the last photo is of the frount of the factory with the turban in place.the cnack is to make sure it all fits into such a small space.i hope the photoes work.
kind regards from ace radium-kim

1-32

sorry here is the 1 photo

1-32

and the 2

danpickard

Nice looking start Kim.  I like the height thus far.
You've got about 18 months to finish it, yeah?  ;) ...come to Bowral with it perhaps?

Cheers,
Dan

1-32

ha sorry guys i am at last getting he hang of posting photoes, here is another pic of the turban

1-32

hi dan how are you doing .if i get the posting of photoes right in 18 months i will be happy.it is coming. there are a few problems 1- is that i cant review my postings using additional options and 2-that my mind is about a million light years away from the key board at the moment.
i find the new model a bit of a challenge because of its size  .one trick i want to use is about the perception of space,the loco will stop out of sight behind the back scene for about 1 minute and then re enter. the multi- level is another i could have a passing loop up there,continual running on the base and operation on the upper level.as a add on you could build a large oar carrier that would fit on the left hand side or the base board big boat 19 meters long[60 feet].this could be load radium powder from the upper level or unloaded from a travelling crane,huge
kind regards kim

1-32

hi all.
ace radium what is it and where is it?
when the site was sold 10 years ago all signs of it former use was gone except some old bolt holes in the concrete ash floor.its isolation and security insured that it kept its secrets.all the locals told stories of flashes on the horizon and sudden power surges.some mail was sent to the local post office by mistake adressed to the howard huges care of the ace radium.of course the post master could not help but not peak, inside there was a bill for some marine grade ply wood.that was the last anybody heard of ace radium till i decided to build it. the model is slowly progressing with the re build at the back.1 length of flextrack is used as it is not seen and the radius is really tight. hand layed code 83 will be used on the rest.in the areas that cant really be seen like the walls behind the engine 1-35 embossed brick sheets are used,flemish bond.weathered to taste.the track goes into darkness to enhance the sense of distance.i would like to put a signal light in there a nice red colour in the darkness.the main carcess of the factory will be one light box with slots cut into the floor ceilings  letting rays of light into the darkness.i cant wait.
on another note i find posting photes a bit of a pain with the hard drive option it really will only let you post 1 photo at the time because of the kb limit .you cant preview your posts and if you make mistake you have to start again.the link option is the best and i really like it but my photoes get erased after a while i have a lot of photo material i would like to post as i said i find it a pain.
kind regards kim

finescalerr

Kim, posting photos with the software we use for this forum really is a pain. Even I have trouble with it ... and it's my forum! Please keep us up to date anyway. -- Russ

1-32

here is another

danpickard

Bump...any tinkering happening Kim?

Cheers,
Dan

1-32

h dan
have been admiring some of the fine models at russes place plenty to get excited about.
myself i have ended up in italy for a bit and i forget to bring my e-xacto knife.talk about brick work the italians certanly make the poms look like biginners.thin bricks layed in the most perfect arches a most impressive country.
kind regards kim

1-32

hi all.
i is always good to get away for a spell.i have to admit that is was stuck with ace radium ,now i am all positive with a lot of idears .

the big idear of late is to have a massive building as a back drop a bit like a turbon hall.the track will exit or enter from beneath this building.around the same area in the entrance to the boat lagoon i have to admit that i was having problems fitting it all in ,there is just not a lot of space.think of a gloomy overgrown canal tunnel,right now this is the idear for the boat harbour entrance exit.
talk soon kim

Barney

Very interesting and different - and of course always inspiring
Barney

Ray Dunakin

That vent on the roof looks interesting. How did you make it?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Looks workable. I recently got interested in a California mine: go to Flickr and search for New Idria-lots of festering rust there.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/