• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 feldbahn project

Started by jacq01, August 27, 2013, 02:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on September 11, 2013, 12:52:01 AM
"...The people called it 'Achenbach's Mühle'"

Let me see if I got this right: In America that would be "Achin' Back's mule", right? Well, that makes perfect sense. Why carry it all yourself if you can get a mule to help? Ol' Achin' Back was no fool.

ssuR

Russ ,

There is a seat warmed up next to me here . I suggest you come and fill it .

finescalerr

jacq01

I have started a 1:5 scale model of the module I will build. Particullary the construction. 
  Unfortunately the batteries of my camera are flat so photo's will follow soon.
  The layout of the module has been changed slightly to accentuate the rural character.

The O&K MD2 loco by Mark Hesketh has arrived.  I am impressed by the crisp etching.
  I have to get my soldering skills out of the cupboard as I haven't used it for a very very long time.
  This loco will receive a chassis with RC from Bernard.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Mr Potato Head

jacq
What does a O& K MD 2 look like? is it a Mallet? or industrial locomotive? Who Is Mark Hesketh ?
excuse my ignorance, but living here in the states I am kinda out of touch with 1/35 modelers and services, since I'm building a 1/32 layout I can use all the information I can get Thanks
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

jacq01

Here the website of Mark Hesketh

http://heskethscalemodels.com/ourshop/cat_745010-Locomotives.html

O&K MD2 is a small "feldbahn " loco , similar to the small loco's built by Marc.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

Alan Rees

Quote from: shropshire lad on August 30, 2013, 02:52:17 PM
The beauty of this concept is that the "layout" could be set up in a number of different permutations , giving a great deal of flexibility on how it looks ...................................... there will be no attempt to unify the modules by using the same scenic materials.

Which leaves Nick free to build what he likes best:

All you have to do is imagine the dear little trains running behind this masterpiece.

Mr Potato Head

Thanks Jacq!
yes I know this model now, sorry senior moment, I wanted one of these but he only made them in 16.5 gauge and I am modeling in 3/4" gauge 1/32-2ft
that's a small model, how all that sound and DCC going to fit inside?
this I gotta see
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

John Lostcreek

Hi Jacq. where is your track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZLmBQhHcE

Good you make a 1: 5 model of your layout.
I'm curious about the picture s.
You already know what rails and sleepers there be used

John

Ray Dunakin

That little loco looks great, and sure runs nice and slow!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Nice loco.

For 145 euros I would have sold you my contraption....oh that's right...you want one that runs  ;D

Alas  Gill, wpuld send you my 1/32 one, but it is of no use to you, as it runs on HO gauge track. ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

jacq01

The rails will be code 83 with a height  of 2,1 mm. This is 0,1mm out from standard S10 rail used on " mainlines"
 Sleepers will be 5,0 x 3,0 mm wood  or  steel as 3d printed by Daniel.
  For info: http://www.feldbahn.de/ model tables

The O&K body is ready and I am waiting for the Chassis to arrive. photo's in daylight tomorrow.

Coming weekend I will attend the Euromodelbouw in Genk. In the same weekend there is RAMMA in Sedan and SMF Challenge in Veldhoven.
 As some repairs are needed on the mill layout, most modeling time coming days will be spend on these repairs.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

mad gerald

Pssst Jacq ...  ;)

Quote from: jacq01 on October 07, 2013, 10:55:15 AM
... The O&K body is ready and I am waiting for the Chassis to arrive. photo's in daylight tomorrow.
... need some additional O&K photos (taken in an O&K feldbahn museum) ... ?

Cheers

finescalerr

It has too many clamps and not enough steering wheels. How can anyone possibly drive it? -- Russ

jacq01

That is a tamed loco in the zoo.  ;)   sponsored by a paint manufacturer  ;D ;D   

Here some real sample photo's:

And the model without chassis, prior to cleaning and primer:

I am what I remember.

mad gerald

Quote from: jacq01 on October 08, 2013, 06:40:00 AM

That is a tamed loco in the zoo.  ;)   sponsored by a paint manufacturer  ;D ;D  

Here some real sample photo's:  
... *dang* ... I guess Marc has overdone the weathering again ...  ;D  8)

BTW: Nice little machine ...