• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 feldbahn project

Started by jacq01, August 27, 2013, 02:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

Prelude:
Since the operations on my spine to enable me to walk again, I have gone through a long revalidation and have left my wheelchair behind me since August last year.
I am able to walk with a walking stick albeit a lot of pain. But I am independant again and do not mind to pay that price.
2 months ago I suffered breathing problems and received medicines. The side effects of these medicines had a negative side effect on my leg nerves. When I stopped with these medicines, the pain in my legs became less and less, to the extend that I can model again a complete evening without being distracted by the pain.

Already for a long time there have been discussions to build a 1:35 exhibition feldbahn layout between a number of friends from all over Europe.
We live in different countries, like Switzerland, England, France, Netherlands and Sweden and have met during exhibitions over the years.
Last weekend I was in Switzerland with Marcel Ackle and Alan Rees. During this weekend the basics for the layout were laid down.
Each member will build 1 module and 2 linking/support boxes. ( drawings with details will be published in a couple of days)
It will be possible to exhibit a module independant but the intention is to link as many as possible during an exhibition, in the hope that all can come.
Those that are presently not in a situation to built something will be asked to attend as operator and the good times in the evenings.

With this topic it is the intention to show you the development of this unique idea from the moment it cropped up to the first exhibition some time in 2015.
I am studying to incorporate the following :

to be continued

Jacq

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

artizen

This is going to be stunning. Just go for it Jacq!!!
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

danpickard

Ahh, been waiting to hear about advancements with this project idea  ;D

Cheers,
Dan

shropshire lad

Quote from: jacq01 on August 27, 2013, 02:16:47 AM

I am studying to incorporate the following :

to be continued

Jacq

Yes, and we know which lucky chap gets to supply the 20,000 bricks needed to construct it !

I'm rather looking forward to seeing the results of your meeting for myself ,

Nick

finescalerr

Jacq, I am very glad to hear your health and ability to walk are improving and the pain is subsiding. I eagerly look forward to watching the new project evolve. -- Russ

jacq01

QuoteYes, and we know which lucky chap gets to supply the 20,000 bricks needed to construct it !

Nick, that is a very kind gesture.
Na.... not only the bricks I am more interested in the roof tiles and slates from you.
I'll never match the ones you showed in Adliswil.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

1-32

i really hope that your health continues to improve.modelling is a 
great distraction from the problems of the world
kind regards kim

TRAINS1941

Jacq  great to here that your health has improved.

The new project just sounds wonderful and will be great following this.

Maybe Nick should start the bricks now!!!! :D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

artizen

Somewhere in my pile of Things Bought On A Whim I have a Diorama Debris 1:24 brick mould - close enough?
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

marc_reusser

Jacq, great to hear you are up and around, and that this is moving forward again...sounds like t will be a wonderful collaborative effort that will no doubt yield stunning results. Look forward to the progress.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

I'm happy to hear of the improvements in your health! And I'm eagerly anticipating your progress on this very interesting project!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Marc988

Hi Jacq,

good to hear that you are back and mobile again.
With your last layout and our talks in the "spoorweg museum" still in my mind, I can't wait to see the first result !

Welkom terug,
Marc

jacq01

here the first setup with general dimensions.

Modules
The view length of a module can vary from 1,20m to 2,00m ( 2 modules of 1,00m)
The depth will be 600mm to enable a return radius at the ends of 250mm.
Height is for al modules equal.
construction details of the modules will follow this weekend.

Transition/ end box
The length and depth of these boxes is for all the same.
It takes care of a return radius of 250mm and gives a freedom of rail positions to the module front of +/- 25 mm.
This box also has some facilities to fit storage drawers/boxes.
Construction details will follow next week.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

So, in a sense, this will be a series of three dimensional "paintings/sculptures" with animation, i.e., a train running through them? -- Russ

jacq01

Yes, that is the idea.
   The modules can be linked at random and availability for shows.
   Every module has at the back underneath the scenery storage tracks, with the possibility to make a continuous loop.
   Each module can be set up independantly.

Jacq
I am what I remember.