• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D-7 dozer almost done

Started by johngeigle, June 22, 2013, 09:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johngeigle

here are some images of the almost finished dozer, still trying to figure out what colors for the seat any suggestions?

finescalerr

Why not plaid? Old Sutherland was always one of my favorites ....

By the way, in the photos the orange rust appears rather garish. It might be the camera. If it isn't, maybe you could tone it down with a mist of brown and perhaps some weathering chalks. -- Russ

Chuck Doan

I would go with black or dark brown. Might search pics of the real thing to see what was common.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

johngeigle

It is the camera lighting in my hobby room is a bit on the bright side. I still have to add filters and washes, I am going to darken the seat so it looks faded.
thanks for the comments

johngeigle

Quote from: finescalerr on June 22, 2013, 11:19:08 AM
Why not plaid? Old Sutherland was always one of my favorites ....

By the way, in the photos the orange rust appears rather garish. It might be the camera. If it isn't, maybe you could tone it down with a mist of brown and perhaps some weathering chalks. -- Russ

Russ are you talking on the tread of the paint ?