Westlake Publishing Forums
September 23, 2019, 03:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weathered Wood  (Read 34506 times)
myron
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 11:50:40 PM »

Beautiful Marty!

Where can I find info on Chucks technique that you refer to?

Myron
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:53:09 PM by myron » Logged
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2008, 02:20:50 AM »

You are on this site and you didn't happen to read the December 2007 Modelers' Annual? The technique is there in detail. -- Russ
myron
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2008, 04:21:09 AM »

Thank you Russ.

I guess I'll have to try and find a copy somewhere. My LHS which is not really a train shop, just a general hobby and craft shop with some trains, RC, plastic models, and crafts type stuff, doesn't carry it. They have Model Railroader, Finescale Modeler, and some RC plane mags.

This was just the first site I came to, and saw all the neat work. I am probably in over my head here. Is there a site that someone can recommend to me that is maybe a bit more broad and beginner oriented?

Myron

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:25:04 AM by myron » Logged
TRAINS1941

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2008, 05:30:32 AM »

Myron you might want to join here.

http://www.railroad-line.com

But if you were smart like we know you are you would check this site out all the time you can learn an awful lot from the guys here.
The other forum has beginners to people that are also here.  So just hang on for the ride it is worth the trip.  Oh an I would subscribe to this magazine here!  And no I don't get anything for the plug.  Its just that good of a book!!

Jerry

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin
myron
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2008, 02:09:43 PM »

Thanks Jerry. Looks interesting. A lot of stuff to read through. Their a chatty bunch aren't they Grin

Myron
TRAINS1941

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2008, 02:43:51 PM »

Myron

Yes they are chatty Smiley  But they are some good molders and will help you with the simplest or the hardest questions you can give them.  But sites are a real learning experience, and you will get to know and talk to some really interesting people.

Jerry

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: