• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

"The Wizard"

Started by lab-dad, May 22, 2013, 04:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

Most impressive point is how you managed to knock out the background of those archive pics. I know what family business is all about. You don't deceive me, Marty, no, you don't!

Aside of the over all execution the split wood catched my eye. It's a very nice contrast to the well balanced weathering.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Bill Gill

What a great 122 yr + 1 mo commemorative moment! It looks (and was photographed) superbly. Nice tiny subtle details all over, like the leaf on the water lid. And it runs too!

TRAINS1941

Just excellent what else can I say.

Can I order mine in ON3 now??

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

lab-dad

Thanks guys!
The praise from you all is quite humbling. ;D

Here is a short (phone) video showing her traverse all the track that I have laid.

http://vid263.photobucket.com/albums/ii121/lab-dad-jones/C951211F-8915-4A7A-8EC6-398AA26C455A_zpsiyztlcvo.mp4

-Marty

finescalerr

You need more track! -- Russ

Sami

EZnKY

Thanks looks fantastic Marty!  Most, most impressive.
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

danpickard

Wonderful craftsmanship Marty.  Its been a pleasure to observe some of the processes behind engineering a little work of art such as this locomotive.  Time and patience has its rewards. 

Cheers,
Dan

Chuck Doan

Looks great running too. Really nice job getting all those fiddly eccentrics etc. to work.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Sami

JohnTolcher

That is beautiful, Marty!
Cheers
John in Australia

billmart

Where did the photos of the builders plates go?  I can no longer find them on this thread. 

Bill Martinsen

finescalerr

Marty linked to Photobucket files instead of uploading images as I've requested about a hundred times. Apparently Photobucket's server was down for a while. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Link works fine.  How do you find out how much your book costs??

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin