• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

ruston&hornsby 1-32 n 20

Started by 1-32, May 15, 2013, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

If you want to add character, you could knock out a cab wall for the engineer's legs, install chrome exhaust headers, and paint flames wherever there is room. Don't forget antlers. Chains optional. Weathering? Bright orange paint works well.

Why is it I am the only one on this forum with such good taste?

ssuR

jacq01

Your taste reflects the mainstream NNGC.  ;)
   Why not join them end of August, you will love it.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

1-32

hi younger,russ and jacq
you are right a v8 petrol .it must  get my vote for the worst looking narrow gauge loco ever produced-see photo
kind regards kim.

shropshire lad

Oh no , Kim , there are far uglier looking locos than the Malcolm Moore . What about the UNIO typ LDI 45 ? That gets my vote .

( what do you think , Gordon ? Sorry , private joke ) ,

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Nick, I don't have the authority to send you to the corner but as I said before beauty is in the eye of the beholder ..... Or at least that what's my wife tells me  ;D

Edit

I do like the bogie wagon made out of two skip frames
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on June 09, 2013, 10:03:41 AM
Nick, I don't have the authority to send you to the corner but as I said before beauty is in the eye of the beholder ..... Or at least that what's my wife tells me  ;D

Edit

I do like the bogie wagon made out of two skip frames

Don't worry , no doubt if you ask Russ he'll be only to glad to send me to the corner . After all , that is just about the only pleasure he gets out of life anymore !

I think those bogie wagons were quite common . Have a look at KB Scale's website and you'll see they sell the Hudson ones in 7mm scale .

Nick

1-32

hey nick
a modern  industral loco was it designed for tunneling?it looks silly next to those ww1 wagons.
i still think that the malcome moore takes the cake it is that big heavy frame.
kind regards kim

lab-dad

That UNIO looks like a phone booth behind a coffin!
-Mj

Gordon Ferguson

Marty,

Please do not give that sort of encouragement to Nick  ;D
Gordon

jacq01

QuotePlease do not give that sort of encouragement to Nick

Otherwise we have the Addams family on 600mm gauge here very soon.

jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

mad gerald

Quote from: jacq01 on June 11, 2013, 10:17:56 AM
QuotePlease do not give that sort of encouragement to Nick

Otherwise we have the Addams family on 600mm gauge here very soon.

... like this one ... ?!?!?! 8)

Mr Potato Head

Kim
Do you think that you could get one of these new RC units and a battery into your new Ruston? I see how small it is, my mentor and 1/32 master Jerry Kitts says I'm  crazy, that's not exactly how he said it, but you know what I mean, anyways I want mine to be RC powered what do you think?
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

narrowgauger

Hi Guys,

no problem getting RC into the loco, but ........................................ not if you are using a Black Beetle or SPUD to power it.  Too much battery drain and very poor operation at 3.7v.   Fitting the receiver chip & 280mah battery not a problem at all.  if you want to retain the "V8 Engine" the battery fits easily under the roof.

Best solution is to build a new brass chassis and fit a 3v gearhead micro motor with a 100rpm gearhead (motor costs around $A10) and fit cross helical gears on the primary drive.  Power to second axle either via a spur gear train or neoprene belt.  Belt is very simple to install and can easily be replaced at some time in the future if required, provided axles are removable.

Custom build chassis from TMWA costs around $85 plus cost of motor as selected by customer.  So a complete fully operational chassis that will run at prototype speed (not like a slot car) plus the RC gear complete would be around $A250.

the benefits ?

- super slow speed operation;
- NO track wiring
- no track insulation
- NO power pick-up complications or operation problems
- prototype dirty irregular track; yet perfect operation
- 5 hours constant running time with 30minute battery re-charge
- a Malcolm Moore that behaves like a industrial locomotive ....... not a slot car.

Way to go;  RC is a bit like sex, hesitation before your try it, but once tasted you will never go back.

have fun
BernardS

shropshire lad

There was no hesitation from me !

1-32

hi gil and bernard
i am with jerry -no way but i have had idear.what about a tag along wagon with the battery and r/c unit inside .it could be connected to the loco by thin wires.when you want to run another unit just plug it in.there are real world  example-
1/remote controlled shunters in yards.
2/mid train remote controlled power units
3/service wagons behind power units.
anyway i will leave all that to others and continue to have fun painting my ruston hornby,please see next step after undercoat.

kind regards kim