• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Industria Mechanika???

Started by 5thwheel, May 08, 2013, 11:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thwheel

Hi all,

I don't like to hijack a thread so will ask the question here again.  What is Industria Mechanika all about?  I find the projects interesting but this old man is apparently behind the door when it comes to this kind of modeling.

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

shropshire lad

Don't quite know why you ask the question . But to me they are about a refreshing new outlook on modelling . I am not a fantasy modeller as such , but their flying ships and steampunk kits make a nice change from my usual modelling . I am not so interested in some of their other kits but there are plenty of people who are . So much so that they are already being pirated in the Far East .

They are just a bit of fun .

Nick

5thwheel

Quote from: shropshire lad on May 08, 2013, 02:49:54 PM
Don't quite know why you ask the question . But to me they are about a refreshing new outlook on modelling . I am not a fantasy modeller as such , but their flying ships and steampunk kits make a nice change from my usual modelling . I am not so interested in some of their other kits but there are plenty of people who are . So much so that they are already being pirated in the Far East .

They are just a bit of fun .

Nick

Nick,

I asked the question because I was curious.  Like you I think they might be fun too.  Most of the modeling I have done over the last years have all been tight scale. This looks fun, a model to run away with your imagination without worryhing about being exactly in scale. I was wondering if they were related to a movie or vidio games.

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

marc_reusser

Bill,

They are not related to any mainstream industry. Michael's kits are all limited run, and the designs are his own, as well as from a variety of artists. Most all the artists are well known within their own disciplines...some are straight up artists, others are animators, figure sculptors, and designers of other ilk. Some work in industries such as gaming and animation/cg, as as their "day job", but the pieces they do for Indistrial Mechanika, are all their own creations and either based on their own previous artwork ( such as Iain McQue's incredible paintings), or specifically done/developed for IM, such as Chrisphe Desse's "Red Star"....which started out as fun sketching exercise...and is now a kit.

HTH,

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Bill76

Bill,

Just to add something more to Marc's answer, Industria Mechanika "centralizes" a lot of artists/designers/sculptors/drawers works. Since I know I.M, I discover lots of talents and subjects that I'm daily so far. They can be involved in the car industry as the movie industry and they are very creative as well.

Sometimes, some sketches turn to reality and the kits sold by I.M are the work made by Michael Fichtenmayer and those guys.

That's true that tanks, cars and planes modelling is well represented in modelling shows compare to Sci-fi but the young are closer to fantastical subject as the Warhammer / Forgeworld games. If you look on the web, you will find hundreds of kits / items concerning Sci-fi, steampunk, fantastical world, which is very common in the Eastern contries (Japan, Hong Kong, ...)

Compared to many suppliers, I.M offer is without no doubt more eclectic to fit to anyone. The kits are quite easy to build and you don't have to cope with any colors rules as for war items for example. You are free to paint this kit as you want and the only limit is our own imagination !

Hope to see you start one of I.M kits soon.

Georges.

lab-dad

The models are just FUN!
No prototype just enjoy.
Here is one i did last year.

I learned a lot (the cammo) and there was no stress.
Everyone i show this to likes it.

Always nice to do something different.
Marty

Guy Milh(imeter)

5thwheel

Quote from: Guy Milh(imeter) on May 09, 2013, 09:03:22 AM
there models always remind me of a Belgian artist called PANAMARENKO

https://www.google.be/search?q=panamarenko&hl=nl&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=78aLUYrkH6GW0AXw9oGgCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CD4QsAQ&biw=1311&bih=597

love his work as well as the models of I.M.

Thanks Guy, and all others, for your responses. Looks like fun.  In 1982+, I worked as a design draftsman for a local blimp company (remember the Bigfoot Pizza blimp that crashed and wrapped itself around the top of a building in New York a few years ago? Somebody put a bullet through the bag and they tried to land it on top of a building.) A friend and I designed a vaccuformed kit of the blimp which we gave away as a promotion. I did several wild versions (now considered Steampunk) of the kit for executives of the company. It was a lot of fun.  Maybe someday I will take on one but right now I'm bogged down in unfinished projects and commissions.  I am familiar with Panamarenko,but it has been some time since I have seen any of his stuff.
I am really enjoying this forum.  Lots of talent here.
Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.