• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Lulubelle ''Rodeo on Arkania'' - 2366

Started by Bill76, April 15, 2013, 02:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill76

The lower part of the hull is darker than the upper part. This step is the last one for the painting process.

Georges.

Bill76

Thank you for following.

The paint is removed gently with warm water and a brush. As the layer of HS has been very light, the effects are very small and it appears like a skin with just little spots and not chipping effects. It looks lile a arkanian lizard skin ...

Next step : decals.

lab-dad

Almost looks like heat blistering.
-Mj

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Bill76

Thanks guys for commenting.

Lots of decals on that side. For the whole flying saucer, I use around 90 decals from a modern plane decals sheet and from Industria Mechanika. This has taken a long time but it gives a colorful variation with the dark gray.

All the decals are sealed with satin varnish and a coat of matt varnish for the final result. This final step will protect this work before starting the weathering process with oil washes.

Ready to go. Georges

finescalerr

Bill76

More decals on the bottom side. I add some clear lights and those are painted with green / red / orange / blue / yellow clear from Tamiya.

Georges.

Bill76

Next step : painting the pilot. The pilot is from Christophe Desse's aviators / Industria Mecanika. He will suit with Lulubelle's cockpit.

I use acrylic paints from Citadel and a brush.

Georges.

finescalerr

That must have been a delicate, time consuming job .... -- Russ

Bill76

Thanks Russ. Well, this needs time and various works as modelling, painting and weathering. Still need to work on painting figures ... I work on !

I want to represent Lulubelle having a round over the arkanian rocky soil.

The base is a square piece of wood and Lulubelle will be fitted on a brass axle.

Gravels and sand are glued on the upper face while the sides are protected from paint with paper. The different layers are applied with airbrush and some additionnal details are painted with a brush.

I use several red / brown / orange paints to give an overall look of an arkanian ground. Rocky, sandy, raw, ... Simply arkanian !

A brass rod is glued around the middle to fit Lulubelle up the ground.

Georges

marc_reusser

Really nice work on the pilot painting, and like where the groundwork is going.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Stoker

Very cool modeling, well done. When I first saw the title of this thread I thought you were making this Lulubelle from Sahara:

After seeing the finished setting for your model, I could not help but think of this Twilight Zone:

Regards, James                        Modeling in 1:48 after a lengthy bout of Scalatosis Indecisivis

Bill76

Thanks guys. I like these old stuff you show.

So this is the end for this project. Maybe I will add some more pictures as soon as I can build my new booth.

Cheap project, easy minded build, lot of fun. Nice project to do.

Thanks for following.

Georges.

Alexandre

Really love the overall atmosphere and finish of the scene.
Well done!