• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Lulubelle ''Rodeo on Arkania'' - 2366

Started by Bill76, April 15, 2013, 02:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franck Tavernier

The Invaders: Alien beings from a dying planet. Their destination: The Earth. Their purpose: To make it their world. Georges has seen them...

For him it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a short-cut that he never found!

It began with a closed deserted diner and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey. It began with the landing of a craft from another galaxy.

Now, Georges knows that the Invaders are here, that they have taken human form. Somehow he must convince a disbelieving world that the nightmare has already begun... :D :D :D ;D ;D

Nice job Georges!  ;)

Franck

Bill76

This could be the beginning of a new book ...

Maybe I'm already an alien as I saw this morning in the mirror that my blue eyes have turned to red since yesterday ! And even my dog is growling at me ....

Thanks Franck for your sense of humour !

Aaaarrrgggghhhh !!! My skin is getting green ... Help  !

Georges.

Alexandre

Really funny and entertaining! Not to mention really well done and scratchbuilt too!
I love the 50's 60's retrofuture look!

Bill76

Some more work on the beast. There will be three legs and the two rear legs are the same. The back leg is made with Evergreen and will be mounted on a spring as a shock absorber. The spring is taken from a ball pen.

The end of the pen will be used as the front light as a Vespa scooter style !!!

The rear legs need hydraulic shock absorbers as the engine is just over. The hydraulic tanks are made with electronic parts and all the legs are Evergreen.

The ball joints on the lower part are made with glass head needles. Every part is glued with epoxy glue.

Three skates will be needed for landing on Arkania. These are in metal with a ski shape and studs are fitted under the skates to prevent from any slippery conditions.

Hmmm, I'm sure that it could rain on Arkania ... Only dry red dust !

Georges.

marc_reusser

Great imaginative re-use and adaptation of parts.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Bill76

Thanks Marc.

Quick look on the wings and rudders. Still made with Evergreen. The wings are built with two sheets of plastic and I fit two pieces of brass to work as hinges between the wings and the rudders.

For the front light, I use a remaining part of PE from the Kastor kit to realize a cap on the light.

All parts are almost ready for painting.

The last picture shows all the parts before the final assembly. Two hydraulic hoses made with putty will join the legs to the hull.

Georges.

Malachi Constant

Ah, yes ... the seldom-modeled "alien egg separator" ... well played, sir!   8)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

More nice work!

I love projects like this, where the imagination can run free!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill76

Thanks guys.

A quick fitting before the primer paint. These shots will show the particular sexy shape of Lulubelle ...

Georges.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Bill76

Thanks Ray and Russ.

It's time for primer.

Bill76

I'm still amazed how this first coat of gray panzer paint works. Really love that step !

Some pictures of the aircraft. Lulubelle is getting her dress ...

After let it dry for a night, I airspray several thin coats of Worn Effects / AK before a coat of metalic gray.

Georges.

Bill76

Hairspray and chipping process. For an experimental test, the metalic gray is not the best color for that effect but it works!

Next step : gray paint.

Georges

Bill76

It's time for the final paint and I choose an acrylic light gray for Lulubelle. By the way, a post-shading painting will complete the process.

This step will give some more contrast between all the panels and doors. Variations in tones is easy to create with the airbrush.

I airbrush a very light coat of Worn Effects fluid from AK on the hull before paint.

Gray is quite easy to apply and the color is shortly achieved