• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Lulubelle ''Rodeo on Arkania'' - 2366

Started by Bill76, April 15, 2013, 02:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill76

Hello guys,

Here is the first picture of this project. No kit. Just spare parts. Destination Rubbish Bin City !

My wish is to use all the unused spare parts left after kit. My ''boîte à rabiot'' is full off so what can I do ?

The answer is LULUBELLE.

The main part is a clear plastic bubble sold in gift shop for Christmas or Easter. This is made with two hemispheric parts and the shape can be round or oval.

I like the Tim Burton's world and Mars Attacks is a good start.

So let's go to Arkania in the Orion Constellation.

Georges.

marc_reusser

Well this sounds intriguing...and looks like its off to a good start.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill76

Thank you guys for following.

Tha main idea is to build a flying UFO, a kind of tripod with three legs, a cockpit, two reactors, two wings with rudders and a spoiler on the back. The spirit of the 50' UFOs !!!

The hull is made with an oval ball. I start with the upper part by drilling the hole for the cockpit. This one will be round and the canopy will be round as well. The diameter of the hull is about 15 cm (5,90 inches).

Three hooks are already glued into the hull as maintenance hooks. The ladder on the left side allows the pilot to climb easily to access to the cockpit. This is made with Evergreen rods.

The hull is drilled on both sides to fix two round beams. On these beams will be mounted the wings and the rudders.

The reactors are ''stuff'' to make necklace and have the good size for this. They are hardly glued with epoxy on an inside frame for a hard rigidity. A spoiler will take place on in a while.

For the lower part, I start to make the engine grill and the frame for the two back legs. All the extra parts are made with Evergreen.

Bill76

Lot of engraving on the hull and new extra parts on the lower side of Lulubelle.

Georges.

finescalerr

Are you making this up as you go along? If so, most impressive. -- Russ

Peter_T1958

Sometimes I envy those Sci-Fi modellers. Must be a lot of fun!

When I looked at your clear plastic parts the first thing that sprang to mind was something completely different -and that would be a challenge too :-)

The Abyss

Seriously, really good work. Congrats!
Peter
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

Bill76

Thanks for comments. This picture looks like the Chris Foss' pictures and I feel closed to what he did. That's true that Sci-fi world is very funny and creative.

No plan, no drawing for Lulubelle. Just an instant inspiration.

Georges.

marc_reusser

Some really lovely and clean styrene fabrication on those vents and odd shaped parts.

M-Works

Bill76

Thank you for following.

Here are some shots of the upper part of the hull. The cockpit takes place on the middle of the ship and a clear glass canopy will be added at the end.

Same job as on the lower part with different shapes of panels and details. The two reactors are strongly glued because of their heavy weight.

Georges.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

very cool. really captures that retro feel/look.

M

M-Works

Malachi Constant

That's both "wacky cool" and really nice fabrication work!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Bill76

Thank you.

The main oval hull is about 9,5 cm diameter (3,74 inches). When finished, the measures will be 13 cm (large with wings / 5,11 inches), 8 cm (height / 3,15 inches) and 14 cm (long from the light to the spoiler / 5,51 inches).

Last part of building concerns the inside cockpit. I've been looking for a while for a conic dashboard. And I find this cooking stuff ! This is used to seperate the white from the yellow when you break an egg to cook a cake ! I could be used to make a aircraft roof by the way.

I just keep the conic round part and this needs to be ajust. That part is shaped with my Unimat lathe. No difficuty for that except to ajust the size to the hull. The hole is about 2,5 cm / 0,98 inche diameter. The bottom side is made with an aspirin tube. I just need an headache as well to finish the tube ...

All the plastic parts are ajusted and glued with epoxy glue. Several round screens and joysticks are added to control Lulubelle.

Next step : legs.

Bill76

All the holes for the air cooling system are drilled on the back side of the ship.

Georges.