• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Own construction of a mine locomotive

Started by Design-HSB, December 18, 2012, 03:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Hi there,

Meanwhile, there is also a lamp at the rear wall.

Lamp on the rear wall.

I also have the lamp housing forward and blasted.

Lamp housing again after editing.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Design-HSB

Hello,

in another forum, I was asked whether the font is still visible, but see for yourself:

The diameter of the lid is about 2.8 mm.

Thus, the photographing is the biggest challenge.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

artizen

I have tiny type on my hard drive - it is used for legal text on jobs where you don't want the customer to know anything!!!! LOL!!!!

At 2.8mm that is excellent resolution and I wouldn't be unhappy about it at all.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Arno Boudoiron

Very nice result on the lettering  8) .3mm high! not bad  :)

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Hello,

all loyal readers of my posts thank you, but a special thanks to those who also participate actively contributed with me.

A year ago at Christmas, I have started this project and with the lamp housing by supporting Volker now also able to drive as far as I can continue to be here now.

Thanks again to Volker.

Merry Christmas, health and happiness for 2014.

Also at the monastery tunnel going any further, because I can solve some challenges there, hopefully.

So I am looking forward to a dialogue with you.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Design-HSB

hello,

after I finally had an idea how I could make the seat pan for my BBA, I have also tried the same.

Seat pan made ​​of metal pressed over a model.

Seat breakdown from below.

The sheet should be both stable and can also be particularly good embossing and drag.
Finally, much to me at supper the aluminum lid of a fish sauce in the fingers, which brought the solution.

So now I can finally make to the design of the driver's cab.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Design-HSB

hello,

Sometimes one comes by accident to the right idea, as in this case with the deep-drawing sheet.

After Volker has specifically asked by the embosser me I want to introduce here.

Embossing tool for the BBA seat.

Consisting of two brass blocks 15 X 15 X 50 mm.
Therein some holes for guiding and positioning except the one trough for the seat shells. In addition to the trough, a wire is soldered, in order to press the circumferential bead in the tray. In counterpart, a groove is milled to.

The raised stamp for the seat pan is created and riveted a piece of brass with the Dremel.

With the support of Volker when drawing the main switch and cruise switch but also goes further continue on the control console.
Meanwhile, the casts of the 3 D models have been delivered to me.

BBA main switch.

BBA throttle.

BBA helm the lower part of the travel switch I bent from 0.2 mm brass sheet and internally provided with a kind frames. Down on the travel switch, there are still a machined base plate.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Helmut, you have so much skill it is depressing! -- Russ

lab-dad

I am truly impressed (pun intended)
I think you should go into production of those seats for those folks modeling in this large scale (hint, hint)
The details are really great too.
-Marty

Design-HSB

Hi Ray,

yes it gives me great pleasure to make everything as accurately as possible after.

Hi Russ,
I do not want to depress you, but to encourage it possible to also try.
That's why I always try to show how I do it.

Hi Marty,
Thanks for the suggestion, only if I so wanted to go into production, I once would have a whole lot of fish canned food.
Whether that would be me then and still taste like it.

In any case, another missing parts and some even very small, it is to build for me a challenge.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

jacq01

Helmut,

QuoteI once would have a whole lot of fish canned food.
Whether that would be me then and still taste like it.

Take a cat.  ;D
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.