• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fixing glazing for windows?

Started by Hauk, November 19, 2012, 12:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

Long time no post, but I try to build more and post less.

But now I am in desperate need of good advice.

How do you fix  microscope coverslip glazing to your windows? I have room for very little overhang on my glazing, so I need a glue that will not seep onto the visible parts of the glazing.

Any advice on this will be *much* appreciated!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Design-HSB

Hello Hauk

Glass and metal can be stuck to the top with a glass adhesive from the jeweler.

The glue dries, moreover, on clear glass.

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Chuck Doan

I have heard of a canopy glue (for model airplanes) , but I am not familiar with it.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

mabloodhound

I use canopy glue, but it is pretty thick.   If it runs over onto the glass, I can trim it off but this makes for tedious work.
Never tried the jewelers glue, sounds interesting.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

TRAINS1941

When I did mine I used Elmer's white glue.  Once it dried it was easy to pick off the glass.

I used this after reading the Mic Greenberg  Winow tip sheet.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin