• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

the cargo bike

Started by 1-32, October 28, 2012, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hey all
i love these cargo bikes they keep on giving long after the love has gone.i have changed the scene no more rustic shop ,i have done plenty of them in the past ,no more drift wood stain over carefully distressed bass wood  with a few photo shoped signs  the world of modelling is full of them i am bored by them ,lets make a few mistakes and look forward to a brave new world.
i have re started with the base and made it smaller,i like it

kind regards kim

finescalerr

The smaller base helps you to focus on the main subject. Now all other parts of the diorama should direct your eye toward it instead of distracting from it. Composition 101. -- Russ

1-32

hi all .
i have been busy this week playing around with a bit of compisition on the cargo bike set.first 2 pictures.

the scene is of a cargo bike riding past a girl waiting at a bus stop.but what i am trying to express is a scene  centered around the bike.the girl is looking at the bike[good legs] with the bike  framed by the post and street light bracket.the frount wheels of the bike are leading you out  but at the same time creating a centering tension with the girls eyes.
next the sky
kind regards kim

finescalerr

Almost a textbook example of the Rule of Thirds. -- Russ

1-32

hey russ
maybe a small item in frount of the  wheel of the bike would make it a perfect combination.
all these combinations of compisition are great fun it is easy on a small scale but dealing with more items create challenges.i remember the complexities that the painting masters went to both through colour, layout and perspective.
kind regards kim

detail_stymied

fantastic bit of whimsy!

I think often we get bogged down in rivets, and forget to have fun.
s.e. charles

detail_stymied

this just in my email from the weekly Post oops! PRE-War Cars website:  https://www.prewarcar.com/the-popularity-of-tricycles-is-booming-top-10-prices-at-auction

maybe these 3 wheelers will make a comeback?
s.e. charles