• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

the cargo bike

Started by 1-32, October 28, 2012, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesleybeks

Very cool Kim. Just saw this for the first time.

Look forward to more. Will there be a figure in your build?
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

1-32

hi wesley this little project is growing.i am planning a street corner with people and a few shops and a square but this changes all the time.i want to build most of it out of paper with water colours[love watercolours].i am finding non military figures a bit of challenge in 1-35 but they are there if not expensive-i dont think it is going to be a crowd.
i want to keep the theme australian, again i dont know if this is possible but this is part of the fun .
kind regards kim

1-32

hi all the painting is in progress and the cargo bike is wanting its detail.
kind regards kim

lab-dad

WOW!
I usually use my phone for pictures but not likethat!
Great little project!
Marty

marc_reusser

Very cool.

Now that you are done with this one, and are parcticed at cargo 3-wheelers.....maybe you should try this one while you're at it  ;) ;D

http://buyvintage1.wordpress.com/page-59-1930-armor-cyclemotor-bma-100cc-zurcher/

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

That's not a bicycle; it's an abortion. -- Russ

Malachi Constant

Wow, Kim, you're really making quick work of this ... while paying attention to the detail ... nice!

Marc's "suggestion" is a mess ... except those tiny little fenders on the front wheels just somehow give it a little "magic" ... not to mention the possibility of using that thing to pick up passengers where-ever and whenever you want, whether they like it or not!  Could be fun.  Just sayin' ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

eTraxx

When I was in Vietnam 1970-1971 .. never took a taxi .. at least a 'car' taxi. We used the cyclo (or cycle rickshaw) with a motorcycle as the motive power. The ones in Saigon and Can Tho were both three-wheeled .. except one was a pusher and the other had the seats behind. I forget which was where..
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

1-32

hi all -marc that motar bike should be a small plane come glider.it would have a large wing span and a tail assembly somewhere.the three wheels are fine maybe the prop would be at the back attached to the motar by a chain.the frount cargo carrier is fine it could be used as a mail carrier[in sacks]/i just thought it could have floats for water.how about a girl postperson on the motar bike plane landing on the water in a bikine[of course 1-22 scale for all the detail]
the load has to be added to my red cargo bike i already feel sorry for the pedeller i hope it is on the flat.those cycle rickshaws are very tempting there seems to be a variety of passenger protection from fixed to a fan awning variety.funny i was just thinking of vietnam just the other day it is great that after all those years of war it has found peace.
mobile phones are amazing [we dont call them cell phones here in oz].i can be sitting in a cafe outside sydney and log into westlake publishing and check out what russ is having for dinner[3 d is coming]
anyway all the best kim

1-32

hi all  i hope all is well with you all .
my cargo bike is growing my last effort is the addition of a peddler.

through this forum i was introduced to the french company MK35 and there range of 1-35 civilian figures i like them.
i bought a few including the peddler.i had to cut and fill a bit of him to fit on the tamier bike.i was a bit of a fiddle to set him up but all worked out .now for the cargo ,i have been thinking of 2 different versions.
any way as they say on tv -have a modelling day
kind regards kim

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Your rider looks perfect for the job.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

1-32

hi all
i hope there are no hill around the rider seems to be having a hard time with his load of suit cases[they came from royal models]
kind regards kim

1-32

hi all the year has rolled along again they are getting shorter. my cargo bike now has a potential new home here are 2 photoes of the cardboard mockup.

the scene is of a street corner,tropical,corner store its wares spilling onto the pavement,corner fences with a nature strip in the foreground , painted cloud scene backdrop .there will be another cargo bike built this one will have the bin in frount of the handle bars european style.size of the diorama 200 mm deep by 160 mm wide[8 inches by 6 inches].will keep you posted.
kind regards kim and of course happy christmass

finescalerr

Kim, some of your earlier photos are missing. Apparently you linked them instead of uploading the originals to this forum. The only way to ensure your images will remain is to upload them. -- Russ