• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My 1:35th Adventure! PAUSED _ Hornethropter done :/

Started by lab-dad, June 06, 2012, 02:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lab-dad

I figured I would start a thread for my experiments in 1/35th.
"Wesleybeks" posted the image below in the "photo of the day" thread and I knew it was perfect for my eventual 1/35th dio. (I hope he does not mind me reposting it here - if so I will delete it).

And here is my end result;

FWIW the nozzle is 55 (scale) inches above the ground.
The drum came from the Tamiya allied accy kit.
The stand is styrene & music wire and the wood is,... well wood.
I will continue to add stuff here for my (eventual) 1/35 dio.
-Marty

Gordon Ferguson

Marty, that is one hell of an experiment ...... brilliant work, especially love the rust/paint effects you have achieved on the support legs.

Please don't post details your actual build after the experimental stage  ........... I may just have to take stamp collecting
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on June 06, 2012, 02:58:37 PM
Marty, that is one hell of an experiment ...... brilliant work, especially love the rust/paint effects you have achieved on the support legs.

Please don't post details your actual build after the experimental stage  ........... I may just have to take stamp collecting

Hey , Gordon , don't you have in your possession an old oil drum and a pallet ? I'm sure I saw one at your place last Saturday ! Maybe you could do a British version to go with your Series 1 Landie and stone wall ? ! ?
I'm sure you could do a miles better job than our Floridian friend Corporal Jones !

Nick

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on June 06, 2012, 03:29:09 PM

Hey , Gordon , don't you have in your possession an old oil drum and a pallet ? I'm sure I saw one at your place last Saturday ! Maybe you could do a British version to go with your Series 1 Landie and stone wall ? ! ?
I'm sure you could do a miles better job than our Floridian friend Corporal Jones !

Nick

Excuse me Nick that's Sergeant Jones!!!!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

chester

Exceptional Marty, nice work.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on June 06, 2012, 04:30:26 PM
Quote from: shropshire lad on June 06, 2012, 03:29:09 PM

Nick

Excuse me Nick that's Sergeant Jones!!!!!!

Jerry

Actually , Jerry , it is Corporal Jones . Check out the British TV programme called "Dad's Army " . You'll see what I mean then .

Thinking about it , it would be more appropriate if I called you "Corporal Jones" , but as your name isn't Jones , it doesn't quite work .

Nick

finescalerr

Private Ogden, please report to Corporal Jones for KP duty.

Marty, your little 1:35 gizmo is satisfactory.

Five Star General (and general goofball) Russ

Wesleybeks

Wow Marty.

That turned out brilliantly. Glad I posted something someone could use.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

lab-dad

Thanks guys!
It was a fun 3 evening project.
Hoping to get a good start on the pipe rack before I leave on liberty!
Cpl. Jones

Wesleybeks

Where did you get the nozzle for the hose?
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Barney

A  nice little project - superb modelling and paint job - what was the tap /nozzle on the hose made of ?
Barney

lab-dad

The hose is solder.
The nozzle is made up of two Grandt Line hex "unions" for .032" pipe
I left the solder stick out for the nipple.
The lever is .010" x .020" styrene
The brass is Vallejo Bronze and the yellow handle is cheap craft paint.
Some artists oils for the "oil".

-Marty

compressor man

I thought you were going to model this. I think you just showed us another pic of the full size scene!  :)

Wow, looks great!

Chris

lab-dad

Well this should put you all at ease...........
I built the material rack this week after the oil drum.
Legs are .062" angle, wires are .015" and the slats are .010 x .100"
Was going along great - I thought I would go cross eyed making all the "materials" to stack on it.
Then painting all 147 pieces different shades of rust/brown/black/silver.
Not to mention working with .010" thick styrene.
So today I placed all the pieces - looked great!
Figured a light dusting of matt varnish to blend/bind it all in place.......

>:( :( :-[ :'( AARRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F%&*ING varnish went cloudy on me!

Anyway, I tried to save it - I rinsed it off with some mild solvent.
Fixed the cloudy but now i have some white spots to touch up, hopefully it is salvageable. ??? :'(

Figured I would post anyway (I like to post a progress pic on Sunday - sort of a personal goal)

taken on my phone as it does not warrant a "real" picture yet!

Marty