• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Modellers At Work

Started by Hauk, May 16, 2012, 06:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danpickard

Ken,
Two questions...

All them boxes up top...are they previously built kits, or still avaiting assembly one day?

And WTF with the pink flamingo in the corner???

Very comfy looking work space despite the flamingo  ;D...a tad jealous right now.

Dan

Design-HSB

Quote from: Hauk on May 28, 2012, 03:25:04 PM
Nice workshop, Helmut!
But what is that electric orange thing???

Regards, Hauk
Hello Hauk

This is a drive motor for a flexible shaft for dental handpieces technology.

Dental handpieces to use tools.

Perhaps an idea for a topic "tools for the workbench".
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Mr Potato Head

My Sons in his last year of dental school! I can't wait until he starts his practice. All those fringe benefits!
The first thing I want to borrow are those cool glasses they have, and then one of those cool lights on the overhead track, and then,.........................
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

okiecrip

wow i wish i could even get to my work bench
gary wise

Ken Hamilton

Dan, all the kits on the shelves are unbuilt, but a lot of them have been opened for parts.

BTW, that's not just ANY pink flamingo.  It's outlined in twinkle lights.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Younger

Since Mr. Potato Head made fun of my clean workbench, here's a recent shot.
-Younger
-Younger

lab-dad

It's still too clean!!!!!
-Marty

Malachi Constant

My workbench mocks me ... sometimes it even pokes fun at other people!  ;)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

I thought he wasn't going to tell. Can't trust a resin-ite. 
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

TRAINS1941

Marc what's with the white glove????  Is proctology in the future???

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

Jerry,

It's my Michael Jackson look!  ;D ;D

I often use a cotton glove (buy them at a photography supply shop) when doing detail painting and weathering (especially when working with brushes), as it protects against body oils and moisture on the model/parts while I am holding/handling them for extended periods of time (also helps guard against the inadvertant fingerprint). The glove also gives me a soft clean cotton surface (on the back of my hand) where I can wipe the brush, or dab off some excess paint/thinner (in lieu of a cotton rag draped over my arm or on the bench...or using my shirt sleeve).

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

My bench time and builds always feel like a giant game of "Where's Waldo"   :-X  (Yes there is actually a build underway here  :-\ )

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

TRAINS1941

Now if I could only find my glasses, I'd clean this mess up!!!! :D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

mad gerald

Quote from: marc_reusser on November 08, 2012, 01:18:57 AM
My bench time and builds always feel like a giant game of "Where's Waldo"   :-X  (Yes there is actually a build underway here  :-\ )

... I suspect it's one of these tiny three wheeled vehicles mentioned here some where else I spotted in your pic ...  ???

... ah, I found it ... seems it's one of the Daihatsus?

Quote from: marc_reusser on October 22, 2012, 02:10:40 PM
These are 1/32 kits from ARI. I think they are small enough, and unique enough vehicles that you might be able to pass them off as 1/35. If using figures just use some that are on the large end of the 1/35 spectrum.

The kits ran from $7 to $9 (top one being the 7). They are older molds, and do require some clean-up, and can stand to have some additional and refined detiling done with styrene......but all in all, a heck of a deal, for some very interesting pieces. The top kit (which is the one I will be working with) consists of 25 parts (supposed to be 27, but my kit was missing the 2 windows), and a decal sheet.

Chuck Doan

It is amazing how a pair of tweezers will interlock with a brush or other tool when you try to pick it up from the pile.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/