• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Modellers At Work

Started by Hauk, May 16, 2012, 06:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seattle Dave

Quote from: granitechops on May 17, 2012, 10:37:22 PM
Camera, Tripod, Delay exposure?

Heh, heh, heh....I get it now "delay exposure".....Good One!
Dave VanderWal

Design-HSB

Hello Hauk

basically I think your idea and would like to support this with a contribution from me.

Here I am on my router cutter and straight for the first Frithjof brick panels.

At this old door on a simple wooden frame I have done about 30 years my model work.

Here I am working on my new job at the Xrot of my buddy William.

Motorised height adjustable workstation for model building, with 63 to 130 cm max. Working height.

This height-adjustable work is a gift from my son, who developed these tables as a designer.
Such a table is just perfect, and you can also work comfortably while standing on the table.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Hauk

Nice workshop, Helmut!
But what is that electric orange thing???

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Ray Dunakin

Here are a couple shots of me and my incredibly messy workspace. The self-portrait was achieved using the highly sophisticated trick of holding the camera at arm's length:

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Ok, I'll play along.......

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on May 28, 2012, 04:33:21 PM
Here are a couple shots of me and my incredibly messy workspace.

WOW!...and I thought I was a mess. At least I can usually retain the prerequisite 8-square inches of clean workspace. ;D ;D ;D

M-Works

chester

My model bench took over my furniture showroom in the barn when I closed the business. Everything of mine seems to be slowly moving out of the house and into the barn. Glad I don't have a dog house.

And this is me in the big workshop where all the beer drinking goes on.

artizen

I don't have a work bench so I envy all of you who can just walk away from a project and pick it up again later. I model on my rolling work table between printing jobs which needs to be cleaned off at regular intervals.

Really like Ray's ancient old phone - and Chester, sharp saws and beer drinking?
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Ken Hamilton

I don't have a suitable picture of my smiling puss, but here's a long shot of the work room:

Marc, I'd love to see more of that truck on the bench. 
Geez, I have enough trouble painting with my hands,
and here you are painting with your TEETH.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

W.P. Rayner

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: artizen on May 28, 2012, 05:28:21 PM
Really like Ray's ancient old phone...

That one is actually brand new. But I do have an old, black, "phone company" rotary phone under my desk, plugged into the extra phone jack. The old-fashioned ringer is a lot easier to hear if I'm outside or something.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Mr Potato Head

Marc!  Buddy! You're turning into the silver fox!   :o
mph
Work bench looks good
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Chester,
That second photo of you in the shop is great. Covet the shop, and the image looks like it's straight out of a Lands End catalog, or a Ralph Lauren ad in Vanity Fair.  ;D

Ken,
Shoot, I was going for the debonaire painter look.  The truck is not quite ready for public viewing.......in a while. :D Nice bright, and orderly workspace you have there.

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on May 28, 2012, 04:33:21 PM
Here are a couple shots of me and my incredibly messy workspace. The self-portrait was achieved using the highly sophisticated trick of holding the camera at arm's length:

Have you just been burgled ?

mad gerald

... as I don't have a work bench - I'm doing all my work at my writing desk - I'm drawing a blank on this one and envy you ... ummm, well ... at least the modelling mates among you with tidied up work benches ...  ;D ... and the ones with an huge amount of modelling stuff in stock ...  :o 8)

Cheers