• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

I think all of us have missed hearing from you, some of us very much. It's been a long time. As other suggest, at some point the athlete evolves into the coach. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Glad to have you back with us.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Design-HSB

Jacq,

I was very lucky to meet you personally at an exhibition and would be very happy if we met again.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

yes i was also very happy to meet you in March.
cheers kim

Ronald

Quote from: jacq01 on August 17, 2017, 12:49:36 PM

The layout has been donated to friends to see or it can be modified to show it in a museum.
Jacq

Hi all,

I also was long time away from this site.....  Good to be back!

Last year in May Jacq reached out to us (the group of friends) because he had to move his stuff out of his garage. I offered to jacq to store the layout at a place I rent to store my classic American cars. So on the 3rd of July we picked his stuff up and drove back to our part of the country where the layout would be stored.

Our drive:

20160703_184726 by Ronald-45, on Flickr

Loading the layout:

20160703_123816 by Ronald-45, on Flickr

Secured for the transport:

20160703_133518 by Ronald-45, on Flickr

And in my storage:

20160703_194229 by Ronald-45, on Flickr

Which stores 3 cars:

20171202_145706 by Ronald-45, on Flickr

What will happen to the layout? I don't know. For now it is save and maybe we will revive it for a future exhibition.

Grtz, Ronald.

Mobilgas

You can always ship it to the US ill give it a good home on my new On30 layout;D
Craig

shropshire lad

Many is the time that I helped lug that layout in and out of shows , seeing how quick we could set it up . I think about three quarters of an hour is the quickest . Hopefully it will go to a good home . It is getting a bit tired now and could do with a bit of a make over .

Nick

finescalerr

I could say the same about myself! -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on December 17, 2017, 12:59:47 AM
I could say the same about myself! -- Russ

Russ,

I am sorry to be the one who has to tell you , but you are way passed the "bit of a makeover " stage . It would have to be a fully restoration job to make any significant difference to you . Which leads on to the next question , is there enough money in the budget to finance such an undertaking ? And at your ripe old age , would the cost v. benefits justify such a huge investment in time and manpower ?

I think that to get a clearer idea of the feasibility of such a project we would need to get a surveyors report .

I hope I haven't spoilt your Sunday !

Nick

finescalerr

Sorry, Nick, I didn't have time to read your whole post because I must resume satisfying about a dozen beautiful girls in thong bikinis, each eager to cater to my every whim. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Nick it would look very nice at.

Suncoast Center for Fine Scale Modeling

I'm sure Dave could bring it back to life.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ronald

I tried to but it seems they do not exist anymore.... so the layout still is in storage.

Ray Dunakin

That's too bad about the Suncoast museum.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World