• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Need ideas for making cross sections

Started by JESTER, February 02, 2012, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JESTER

Gordon, no, its for a custom toy I'm making. The original toy is this rabbit on a carrot rocket.

I wanted to mimic the fins on the carrot. I'll cut off the fins on the toy and mount it to make it look like the tip of the rocket. I'm not really a fan of the Steampunk stuff at all. I love the Weta Rayguns though!

Rough idea

Here's the original toy

-

BKLN

Jeeez, Jester! This should have a little "NOT SAFE FOR WORK" tag.
:D

JESTER

He said he uses Rustoleum Filler Primer.

Quote from: gfadvance on February 14, 2012, 09:45:18 AMWould be interested to know what paint/primer he used to get that surface finish.

Gordon

JESTER

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

JESTER

Thanks Marc!

Close up of the fins

Here is the graphic I'll be using.

Full shot

Here is a 3D pic of the fins in place.

-

Gordon Ferguson

Well that idea worked pretty well ..... now looking forward to the paint job you do on it
Gordon

JESTER

I have to use some Magic Sculpt to fill in the area where the fin touches the PVC tubing. Ifilled the holes on the carrot last night and I hope to get it all ready for primer on Thursday.

-

JESTER

I got some good ideas for rivets but I didn't trust my gluing skills so I bought some round head nails and used my pin drill to make the holes.

-

JESTER

Got the holes drilled for the top rivets.

-

finescalerr

Starting to shape up. Vaguely reminiscent of, but less streamlined than, the craft used by Rocky Jones, Space Ranger in the '40s or '50s. -- Russ

JESTER

Thanks, just got done adding the bunny and finishing the top rivets and primer.

marc_reusser

Sweet.

Photo makes it look like it goes from floor to ceiling in your house. :)

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

JESTER

JESTER

The major color scheme and graphics are done and I finished my initial chipping.

Now I can start the weathering.

-