• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New "FAQ 2" Book

Started by marc_reusser, December 22, 2011, 01:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Got home for lunch today, and what to my joy should I find on the door step....the new FAQ 2 book by Mig Jimenez, published by AK Interactive. ...it was even signed!

What a tome this thing is..almost 300 pages. This book pretty much covers or touches on all the aspects of painting and weathering...paticularly on the more recent techniques. It works great as a stand-alone, or as a compliment/expansion of the original FAQ book. This book covers and expands on some of the techniques in the first book, and then goes on to cover and explain the newer techniques material and approaches that have developed since then. There is also a section on displays/dioramas, and a gallery of projects/models built using the described techniques. The explanantions and step by step photos are clear, concise, and easy to follow and understand.

I highly recommend this book for modelers of any level and genre. It is an invaluable resource, to once and for all answer and clear up many questions and misconceptions on the various techniques, as well as provide a solid foundation for developing your own approach/variation.

If you have any inclination that you might want one, I suggest getting it as soon as possible....this will likely sell out as fast as the first one.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

hey Wait! they sent it to the wrong address!  ::)
I hope the SBS is better than the first, i didn't find it to be concise or easy to follow, but have been longing for the new 2.0 version!
thanks Obi wan
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Mr Potato Head

Hey Obi Wan!
Is your F.A.Q. 2.0 in English ?
Dunka
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Jaahvohl za buch, she is in zee. English.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

David Emery

Do you know of a good source in the US?

dave

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Mobilgas

Doesn't the DVD's he put's out on weathering.....cover the same stuff thats in the New Book??
Craig

Seattle Dave

YIKES!  Is there really $80 worth of new information in this book?
Dave VanderWal

shropshire lad

Quote from: Seattle Dave on December 26, 2011, 10:24:04 AM

You'll just have to buy it and let us know . You should buy it from the UK , it'll only be about £51.00 !

Hauk

Quote from: Seattle Dave on December 26, 2011, 10:24:04 AM

I am betting there is 93 *euro* worth of information in this book. 36 euro for postage is quite frankly ridiculous, but I just could not resist it.

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Mobilgas

If i ordered the Book it would cost me... $ 87.35  total-- shipped to my door east coast... USA   But the US site said pre-order price.  I dont think the book is available in the US yet.  I heard the whole US shipment is held-up in US customs......because of the label on the shipping box's said AK-47 with a picture of a GUN.....so custom's thought the shipment was suspicious.  Heard this from Michigan Toy Soldier.   
Craig

Hauk

Quote from: Mobilgas on December 26, 2011, 04:45:00 PM
I heard the whole US shipment is held-up in US customs......because of the label on the shipping box's said AK-47 with a picture of a GUN.....so custom's thought the shipment was suspicious.  Heard this from Michigan Toy Soldier.   

Brilliant. If I wanted to smuggle somthing suspicious into the US, I would certainly place a sticker on the box with some hints about the content.
How many seconds would it have taken them to leaf through a book and find out what it was about?

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

finescalerr

You are talking about our esteemed Homeland Security agency, America's answer to the Gestapo. You must qualify as an idiot to gain employment and be even more retarded to earn a position in management. I am so proud to be an American. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on December 27, 2011, 12:28:53 AM
You are talking about our esteemed Homeland Security agency, America's answer to the Gestapo. You must qualify as an idiot to gain employment and be even more retarded to earn a position in management. I am so proud to be an American. -- Russ

We'd probably allow you to become an " honorary" Englishman , but unfortunately your upper lip isn't stiff enough !

Gordon Ferguson

I think you are being a bit hard on Homeland Security they are only following on from a long and distinguished history......

I can well remember getting into serious trouble in the early 90's flying into the States when I laughed out loud when trying to answer the questions on the American immigration form which was handed out just before landing.

Of the many intellectually challenging questions, the best was

Are you or have you ever been a member of a terrorist organisation ?

who needs water-boarding, just tick the YES box and go straight to jail!

Oh and the book looks really good, I've got the money for the book just saving up for the postage !
Gordon