Westlake Publishing Forums
August 10, 2020, 04:31:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Pair of Remoras  (Read 57169 times)
shropshire lad

« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2012, 01:13:12 PM »

I suppose you are going to want pictures of the materials  and the reference sources I used , as well as the detailed description I have just given ?
shropshire lad

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2012, 01:15:07 PM »

Or the Hoover bag gets full. Then what.

Damn , I hadn't thought of that . I shall have to go away and think about it . Back in a jiffy .
mad gerald
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »

JBA  ... Nick
...don't want to be a busybody, but that one seems to be tricky (or perhaps for insider only?) ... jewled battle axe? junior bad ass? Or is it related to the modelling artist Jean-Bernard André ...?
Cheers
FichtenFoo

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »

Or the Hoover bag gets full. Then what.
Then you fail at static grass and need to repeat the class. Cheesy

Chicks dig giant robots.
Alan Rees

« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2012, 03:16:30 PM »

Great work Nick! I like the Ile Flottante idea because it's one of my favourite deserts.  http://winosandfoodies.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/07/waiter-theres-a.html

What also struck me instantly was the similarity between your scene and some lesser known event involving an iceberg.

shropshire lad

« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2012, 05:06:42 PM »

JBA  ... Nick
...don't want to be a busybody, but that one seems to be tricky (or perhaps for insider only?) ... jewled battle axe? junior bad ass? Or is it related to the modelling artist Jean-Bernard André ...?
Cheers

No , silly , it is " Just Buggering About "  ! 
shropshire lad

« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »

Great work Nick! I like the Ile Flottante idea because it's one of my favourite deserts.  http://winosandfoodies.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/07/waiter-theres-a.html

What also struck me instantly was the similarity between your scene and some lesser known event involving an iceberg.

Feel free to come and have a nibble on mine any time .

" Lesser known event involving an iceberg " ?   Nope , you've got me there . Give us a clue .
Chuck Doan
Mr. Wizard

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »

The invention of Vodka on the rocks?

“They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details.” -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/
Alan Rees

« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »

" Lesser known event involving an iceberg " ?   Nope , you've got me there . Give us a clue .

Unlike your creation, it was one of the world's famous disasters. 
FichtenFoo

« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »

Unlike your creation, it was one of the world's famous disasters. 
Are you calling his work a less than famous disaster?  Cheesy

Chicks dig giant robots.
Marc988

« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2012, 02:34:39 PM »

Vey nice Island Nick! I love the subject
Is there any progress on the whole diorama?

Some time ago there was an animation series called Skyland. Unfortunately they only made 1 season (as far as I know) but for inspiration still a lot can be found on the net
Parts of episodes can be found on youtube.
For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqtt-dGYkF4&list=FL9l9QXjpReIBAO1GIoI3FFg&index=22&feature=plpp_video

or pictures for example pictures through google.

artizen

« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2012, 03:34:05 PM »

My kids used to watch Skyland. I am pretty sure there was more than one series - otherwise that single series had a hell of a lot of episodes!!! Cool concepts - right up there with Cowboy Bebop and Dr Who.

This hanging island concept with floating skyboats has me thinking about a new layout which I must resist. I have run out of room and I haven't even finished layout two (out of four planned already).

Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia
shropshire lad

« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2012, 04:46:46 PM »

There has been progress , but I haven't taken any photos recently . I shall leave it until I have made more progress .

The diorama had its first public outing today and seemed to meet with  a favourable reaction . Mainly because they didn't know what they were looking at .

The Skyland clip looks interesting and I'm sure there would be some useful ideas in the programmes . Though I'm not sure I'm going to sit through lots of episodes to find them !

Nick
Mr Potato Head

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2012, 01:47:18 PM »

I ‘m number fourteen!
Hey I got mine today! It’s a beautiful day here in Idaho, so I rode my beach cruiser (now a cow field cruiser) down to my small town post office, and I got my Deck hands! Woo Hoo
I am sure I am the first on my block to get theirs! And heck I’m pretty sure the first person above the 43 parallel?Huh?
They came nicely packaged in this cool box!
Now if I could just figure out where I left that darn Remora??? It was floating around here somewhere,...............
MPH

* P5130002.JPG (63.69 KB, 640x480 - viewed 587 times.)

Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho
FichtenFoo

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »

Awesome. These are from my additional casting company that I brought on to do the figure releases. These smaller releases were slowing up the larger ones so I had to hire more production... now I have 3 casters doing iMech releases... should be enough for a while. LOL! My original caster is still doing the first 2 Sashas, (1/32 and 1/35) but I might transfer them to the new guy as well so he can focus on the big stuff.

Chicks dig giant robots.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: