Westlake Publishing Forums
September 19, 2020, 02:22:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: blue top salvage  (Read 37574 times)
1-32

Hi, I'm Kim.

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 11:53:38 PM »

hi all how is your modelling going i hope that you all find a bit of time to do a bit.
a while ago i posted a picture of a malcom moore loco in 1-32 scale that i wanted to bash.the next 2 photos show the results.i kept the chassie and motor.the rest is either scratched or kit bashed from my scrap box.the finished size is 85 mm long[3.5 inches]35mm wide[1.5inches] by 75mm heigh[3 inches]the motive power is a black beetle.
regards kim.

1-32

Hi, I'm Kim.

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 11:57:40 PM »

this time i will make the photoes bigger.

finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 01:34:50 AM »

I like what you have done, Kim. I think the loco will look very good on your diorama. -- Russ
danpickard

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 07:11:13 AM »

G'day Kim,
Geez, she's pretty ugly, but thats a good thing! 
Will look right at home waddling along between the rest of the interesting collection around the dock.  Doesn't really look like its built for either comfort, or speed Smiley.  The red front plate has a cool finish to it.

Gonna be ready for its first show shortly?

Cheers,
Dan

Junior

Anders "Junior"

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 07:47:48 AM »

Very nice and I agree it will look right at home on your already great diorama.

Anders
Ray Dunakin

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 11:14:02 AM »

Nice!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin’s World
1-32

Hi, I'm Kim.

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 04:14:37 PM »

thanks everybody for your comments.
i have been playing around with a few different barriers for paint effects.the one i used for the red is vaseline.paint your flat base colour then apply a bit of vasline then your top colour.you can then either rub or dissolve the vasline to create a irregular pattern.another way for peeling paint is to apply rubber cement under the top coat[ rubber cement is used in the graphics trade as a glue].when all is dry with a blade peel away the cement creating a rugged pattern.
yes don i am off to the 50 year  anniversity of model railway exhibitions here in sydney at the end of the month.after 3 days 9 hours a day i swear i will never do one again it usually really exhaust me as i do it by myself.this year it is a big show 51 models plus trade i am tucked away in a little corner next to a huge digital n scale layout ,talk about chalk and cheese.
anyway again thanks for commenting
kind regards kim
1-32

Hi, I'm Kim.

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2012, 03:48:13 AM »

hi all how are you.
this is a update of the finished version of blue top salvage as exhibited here in sydney this weekend[i dont feel that it will ever be finished] plus one of my faverite models -trainsville.trainsville was started in the 1940 and has grown but stayed the same since,it is a legend .7mm course scale ,scratch built,3 rails and heavy.

god do i love detail kind regards kim
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »

I suppose the three rail display has a perverse kind of charm but Blue Top Salvage, to my eye, utterly obliterates it. Satisfactory work, young Kim. Satisfactory, indeed. -- Russ
Barney
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »

This what you call "Atomosphere" and it's looking good
Barney
danpickard

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 03:23:55 AM »

Hi Kim, 4 deep is always a good sign at a show.  Hope you had a good weekend at were met with favorable and curious response.  It has come up as a very neat little presentation piece.  Good stuff and thanks for the updates.

Cheers
Dan

Chuck Doan
Mr. Wizard

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »

Choosing a salavage yard is perfect for your detail cravings! Never ending.

“They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details.” -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/
1-32

Hi, I'm Kim.

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »

thanks guys ,the high level viewing level worked very well.it was nice that people could get in close and have a good look at eye level.to lift the light level i used a 15 watt fluro  and the leds together.
kind regards kim
michael mott

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »

Hi Kim the new loco look just like is was built from a pile of salvage, and will no doubt fit right in.

It has that look of something built by a team from a TV series called "Junk Yard Wars" or something like that title, that I remember watching many years ago.

Michael   
1-32

Hi, I'm Kim.

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 01:16:44 PM »

hi michael i think there was a english and american version of the show i  enjoyed the it.does any bodie here log into the godfather of rail site there there in the industral loco section you will find a bashed plymouth diesel,check it out.
kind regards kim
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: