• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Burden of Sorrow

Started by ricklawler, September 14, 2011, 08:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwranta193

Beautiful work on the garments... I think that "sombre" catches it.  The trunks have the right feel of time and if the layout of the items in the clothing is akin to the final, it gives a sense of passing or abandonment.  I was thinking back to the Schindler's List use of the red coat as a gimmick, but I would worry that it comes off, well gimmicky :)

The much used cart looks like it was scarfed from some Lithuanian farm...  
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

Ken Hamilton

Beautiful job on the clothing.  You've really made the hard castings look "soft".
This is going to be an impressive diorama.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Ray Dunakin

Nicely done. I like the new title, too.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Really great to see you post this build and your techniques here. Your work is a wonderful addition to the forum.

Sorry for my lack of posts on this build (and your others) here and on MIG, but I have simply run out of superlatives....so I just enjoy watching.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

TRAINS1941

Beautiful work.  Should be a very impressive diorama.

Great how to. Thanks for all your postings.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

ricklawler

Thank you all, very much.  Having the support and encouragement of such talented modelers means a great deal to me.

Best,
Rick

BKLN

Rick,
please post some final pictures!

I have seen them in the MIG forum and I think that you did a terrific job on such a delicate topic. The holocaust theme is something incredibly difficult to address in general, but you managed handle it in a respectful and yet moving way! - Aside from your excellent model work, of course!

Please post some pictures.

marc_reusser

I second Christian's comments.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

granitechops

Shame, At this point in time I cant see a single pic in this thread only this message .  .
Don in sunny Devon, England

finescalerr

And that is why links to photos on other sites are a waste of time and space: You never know when someone will pull the image or close the site. If you want to post a photo, DO NOT post links. Download the photo to your computer and upload the photo here. Easy. It works. You'll be happy. -- Russ

artizen

Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

ricklawler

My apologies for the broken photo links.  I have posted a recap of the work and the final photographs here:

http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=1754.0

Thanks,
Rick