• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

hi from australia

Started by 1-32, September 04, 2011, 02:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi all new member kim marsh[ sydney australia] here, 132n20 .i will get the photoes going first.most are from the bone yard and the last one a draw bridge is from my latest effort .the bone yard was finished 3 years ago and at the moment i have a new one that will take about 1 year to finish-cheers kim[img

danpickard

G'day Kim,
Welcome to this forum.  Nice to have another "local" onboard. 
I meant to ask previously...does the boneyard still exist, and is it intended to be connected with the new piece when space permits?

Cheers,
Dan

Ken Hamilton

Welcome aboard, Kim.
Lots of interesting things going on in your photos. 
Love those little Critters!
Hope to see more of your work.......
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

finescalerr

Thanks for posting, Kim! -- Russ

1-32

thanks guys it is nice to be back with uncle russ.dan when i first designed the bone yard there was another modul base board built but it did not happen.i just dont have the room and i wanted to move on.when i look back at the photoes it was a good model with a lot of new idears,perhaps a bit bright .i have fixes all that with a airbrush.large scale minium space is what i am into the size of the bone yard was 3 foot long by 2 foot wide [900mmx600mm].
with my new effort is it a classic tail chaser ment for exhibition.
cheers kim

Design-HSB

g
Hi kim,
Welcome, I like the combination of water and land very particularly, on land if it still is a train.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard! You have some pretty interesting models there.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

thanks again i know that i am going to enjoy my time here.i have had a chance to look at some of the other models great skills.i really like the mix of subjects and scales.
cheers kim

Junior

Welcome aboard Kim. The last picture is really awesome.... :o. Very nice work and please post more pictures.

Anders

Don Railton

Kim – I was introduced to your modeling a year or so ago on Mario's site.  I find your creations very distinctive and very good.

Don

1-32

hi don.
one of my most enjoyable module was called "depot junction'
it was published by the owner of this site in one of his large scale magizenes about 17 years ago.pre- digital.
it was a depot complete with engine house,turntable and a small signal box[switch tower].the signal box controlled the signals and turnouts mechanically that is when you pulled a scale leaver it operated the safe working items.if i remember it was about 4 foot long by 1.5 feet wide.
funny i was really into signalling and some how got into 3/8 scale later i found it to be 1-32 scale.the railfan shop here in sydney stocked the 'outdoor large scale' title i will always rember it for it lovely little graphic that that represented the scale of the article.it had a bit on 1-32 scale great.so i sent russ some pics of my signal,i think i am still getting my jaw off the floor he published them .
anyway that was about 19 years ago.
cheers kim