• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Hornethopter [Green Hornet]

Started by FichtenFoo, August 27, 2011, 12:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lab-dad

Michael,
Could you describe how you go about taking a concept to fruition?
Seems like a daunting task, I would love to learn what goes into the steps.
What are the masters made from? Is casting done in silicone molds, etc,.
I had hoped to find more info on your site/blog.
Feel free to be as brief or long winded as you see fit.

Looking forward to my Hornethopter!
Already day dreaming of possible paint schemes and thinking of "cloth" in the wings like WWI airplanes would have used.
Lucky for me my LHS just got a whole new rack of Gunze-Sangyo "Mr." paints!
Definitely going to use some of the metals.
-Marty

shropshire lad

Michael ,

I was surprised to see that you are going to put clear plastic between the wing halves. I had in mind the use some sort of wedding veil type gauze .

Nothing wrong with your figures and they are a damn sight better looking than many produced by some of these large companies . You just need to keep practicing . So that when you do the ones for the Remora they will be perfect !

Nick

lab-dad

I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nanny nanny boo - boo!

will be a couple weeks (at least) before I start it though, need to finish a customers model. And then find / practice with some metalizer paints.........

-Marty