• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/22,5 Struppe Battery Locomotive of Lainz/Vienna

Started by mad gerald, July 28, 2011, 01:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

G'day all,

this is about another project of mine, the Struppe Battery Locomotive, serving the Geriatriezentrum in Lainz, Vienna.

The Struppe locos where manufactured by an engineer Mr. Struppe, running his father's mechanical engineering company (GEBUS Lokomotivservice) in Vienna, who (the father) was a former co-worker of GEBUS (locomotive works). There were only 3 prototypes built - the third one was a copy of the first two, because the plans did not exist anymore when it was built.

So information was hard to get and collection of information (and dimensions) kept me (and a dozen friendly and very helpful people even in Vienna itself) busy for months.

In case of interest additional information can be found on my website *here* and *here*and at the *gnATTERbox* and the forum kipplore.de as well.

CAD-Drawings and milling-work = support by Frithjof

I put the modell away for about a year because of a lack of time and because my skills (especially in soldering and CAD-drawing) were not developed/improved enough ... ::)

This is how it looked like before I stored it:

Bild 06-0018

As I pulled it out of the box I discovered, that the styrene (1mm) has somehow got out of shape in the lower areas around the axle boxes ...  :P ... even I stored it in a dark and cool place ...

Bild 06-0023

May be some solvent/component of the liquid styrene glue is to blame!  >:( I guess it wouldn't happened if I had chosen brass instead if styrene ...

Have to think about a solution, may be some supportive (brass) rods or a (brass) subframe ..?!?!?

lab-dad

Why not do it out of sheet brass?
If you have CAD drawings of the superstructure/frame photoetch might be easy, or CNC for sure.
The additional weight of the brass is also an advantage.
BTW, nice looking lokie!
-Marty