• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Amazing Paint Work by Per Olav Lund (Armor Model)

Started by marc_reusser, May 28, 2008, 02:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

This is a current project by Per olav over on the MIG forum. IMO it is the best "burnt-out"/"destroyed tank" paint work I have seen to date.

The original photo he based the model on:

The unpainted model:

The painted model to date (it is not yet finshed and will eventually be part of a diorama):

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

TRAINS1941

Marc I don't know that much about tanks.  But that is one beautiful detailing and paint job.
When that is on a diorama I doubt whether you will be able to tell it from the real one.

Jerry 
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Belg

Jerry, I totally agree set that outside in the right angle with a desert backdrop you would not be able to tell the difference.
Marc, I have seen some of the other things Per has done and this is just another in a long line of great projects, please pass along my compliments as I don't get over to Mig much any more, Pat

Ronald

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing, and I have to agree; Amazing! I really like this one.

Awesome!! If only I could make that.... :P ::) ;)

Grtz,  8) Ronald 8)

Russell

Guys,
As a professional fire investigator, I have to say that the rendition of metal colour and texture is simply amazing. Sheet metal when subjected to fire or hot temepratures does undergo significant property changes and just does not revert back to the bare metal state it was before painted. Similarly the metal will show dirrerent characteristics if it has been quickly cooled by firefighters applying a cold stream of water on it, or - as in this case - being allowed to burn out by running out of fuel and then naturally cooling. Per Olav, has achieved this effect exceedingly well, and not only demontrates excellent modelling techniques, but an excellent ability to observe the "real world".
Russell

John McGuyer

All the tiny little rusted and burned places. The attention to detail is amazing.

John