• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Paper Structure Vignette

Started by marc_reusser, May 23, 2011, 04:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Pic 3

Barney

Pic4

mad gerald

... um, well ... in this case I have another one - bricks in the framework of that old horse-capstan driven mill at Uhlenbuettel ...

Barney

Brick crack counters
Barney

shropshire lad

Quote from: mad gerald on June 20, 2011, 11:47:00 AM
... um, well ... in this case I have another one - bricks in the framework of that old horse-capstan driven mill at Uhlenbuettel ...

Bild 11-0022

That's interesting , English bond used in Germany( I suppose the mill is in Germany). Whatever next .

Nick

mad gerald

Quote from: shropshire lad on June 21, 2011, 12:11:41 AM
... That's interesting , English bond used in Germany( I suppose the mill is in Germany) ...

... for sure it is ...  ;D ... : http://www.museumsdorf-volksdorf.de/index.php/article/detail/553

In german this kind of bond is called "Blockverband" ... here I've got a drawing .. and an additional link regarding different techniques/bonds ... in case of interest ...  8)

michael mott

These experiments are very enlightening the last pics Marc are really getting close to being a dopplegager for the real thing. Some years ago I started to do some brickwork using printed watercolor paper the printed sheets were cut strip by strip and dabs of yellow carpenters glue, applied under where each brick would be. then the rows were cut with a #11 blade to remove the mortar sections her are a few pics. the painting is obviously not in the same league as yours, but it is an alternate way to get the bricks up on the wall.

regards Michael

nk

For reference material on building variations you could do a lot worse that look at photos by the Bechers. They photographed variations of the same style. Keep and eye out next time you are in the photography section of an art gallery.

You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

marc_reusser

Just when you thought this build was dead!

The resurection of this project will serve two purposes.... for here it is to see if I can create a small 1/35 structure wedgie, 90% of it built using cardboard or paper...and have it look comperable, to anything done with resin, styrene, or plaster.  Thanks to Alex at Uschi van der Rosten, I plan to also incorporate one of his new/coming products.

I have a grand total of 45 days to get this built, painted/weathered and scenic-ed. No sweat eh?

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

That rendezvous with the mother ship has really lit a fire under yer arse!  Looking forward to seeing yet another project (gasp) completed ... Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

Oh, well. I was hoping to publish your work with paper because it is always so disgustingly good. I suppose, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. Anyhway, unlike most of us, I will be able to scrutinize it in person. -- Russ

marc_reusser

The reason I am doing paper is so that you WILL publish it (the paper part...and finished pics).....the other part...the scenery/vegetation..is for the other mag (TWM).....no conflict of interest.  Plus I also get to help out another friend get some product exposure. Best of all, I get some free stuff to play around with.
Do you think I am nutters enough to just do paper for the fun of it!?  ;) 
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

compressor man

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on May 27, 2013, 08:39:08 AM
Details;-

http://www.theweatheringmagazine.com/

Does the question mark on issue 5 mean that they don't know what will be in it yet ?

There was no subscription renewal form with my last issue , does that mean I have to go through the whole palava again to get the next four issues ? I guess it does ,

Nick