• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/25 scale 55 Chevy Cameo & 40 Ford Pickup - "What If"

Started by CN6401, August 29, 2011, 11:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CN6401

I did these models as a What If?
What if Chevrolet made an Extended Cab Dual version of their 1955 Cameo, would it look like this?
This model took 4 kits to make the one plus I scrounged some parts from the parts bin. It is also mildly customized with the Corvette hood blister, side steps and custom paint.

Then what if Ford made a 1940 Extended Cab Dually Pickup, would it look like this?
The running boards and rear fenders were made to accommodate the dually rear wire wheels and widened front wires.
The bed is real wood with stainless bed rails.
Since both these trucks were built for the Ohio IPMS Nationals I custom made and hand painted the bed covers to reflect a Can/Am flare.

I hope you like my interpretation of "What If"
Ralph   

Ralph Renzetti
Growing old is mandatory....Growing up is Optional

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

Have seen these type of conversions done in 1:1 in person.
Yours are very well executed and look great!
-Marty

Mobilgas

I like the 40 Ford pickup........ I had one years ago ;D
Craig

Ken Hamilton

Good to see some quality Hot Rod modeling around here, Ralph.
Nice job.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

CN6401

Guys,
Thanks for the support.

Marty,
The wheels on the '55 are the resin wheels I was talking about in your thread. The tire and rim are poured as one in black resin. The chrome rings on both cars are done with Bare Metal Foil.

Ralph
Ralph Renzetti
Growing old is mandatory....Growing up is Optional

Malachi Constant

Cool!  Nice clean work on the bashing and some great interpretation on the "what if" shapes and lines and such ... favor the '40 myself, but both look great.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com