• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My coal mine scale 1:22.5

Started by Design-HSB, May 05, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your contribution yes, such a brickwork always works well.

From Frithjof I got the tip to cover the RGB LED's with a yellow filter. For this I just painted the RGB Led's with transparent yellow paint.

Here you can see the result:

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

nalmeida

Now it's starting to look like art. Wonderful.

Design-HSB

Thank you for the positive feedback, because for me it is important to see if you see it that way.

My mine model has a real role model in my place of residence. It is important to me to set this as natural as possible. Since it is a visitor mine, in which also functions of mining are demonstrated, I would like to do this in my model so. This will include a pit guide / miner who explain the place to the visitors and demonstrates the function.

In the original, the meaning of the historic place is explained underground and pulled the mine car with a reel from the tunnel. All this should also happen in my model. For this I need a sound module for the explanation and the noise of the moving mine car. Of course, this has to happen synchronously with the model's procedure. To realize all this I started to install the electronics.

Since everything has to fit into the 8 X 8 X 6 inch Cakebox for the challenge, that's not all that easy. For the power supply is a battery pack with 12 volts installed, but that can be switched on and off via a switch. In addition, the switch has another position in which an external power supply can be turned on. This is the first time the power supply is secured.

The central control of all processes is carried out by a Dinamo OC32-NG. This is a freely configurable sequence control system for model railroads with 32 I / O inputs and outputs. Since I have a resistance bank in the first bank, I can use it as an input, servo output or to drive a Led. I am already in a model making servo with which I would like to move the mine car. Since such a servo also requires 5 volts, there is the additional board SP04, which suppresses the servo signal and is responsible for the 5 volt power supply. But I also need 5 V DC for the AVT sound module which I also connected to the SP04.

Everything can be triggered later by the viewer himself by pressing the button on the front itself. In addition, there is a board with relays that serve security and exclude incorrect operation. Because even if the start button on the front is pressed several times, it must not come to any malfunction.

I have begun to wire the cable, but only finally complete the wiring when the servo is firmly mounted.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Clever engineering; excellent execution. -- Russ

Bill Gill

The painted LED lighting makes a good improvement to the scene. The sound and animation are also going to add good things to the diorama.

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Time for an update.
In the original with a compressed air driven reel, a pit car is pulled out of the tunnel at the demo-site. Such a reel is of course not as a model, reason and chance to build this reel itself. Unfortunately, at the moment there are no options available to draw such a reel in 3 d in order to have it printed. Only my hobby is model making and I prefer to do everything with my possibilities myself. I was able to buy a engraving machine that produced a company called badges. This machine can be controlled via HPGL character files, which I can generate with a 2 D CAD software.

So, I create just a lot of items which then assemble to a whole.

The parts for the reel model.

Shell of the reel as screws I used for mounting M0, 6 model screws and cut the tapped holes by hand.
There are still some very small parts that I would like to create but I am satisfied.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

fspg2

I'm always excited about how you can mount such small parts with your huge hands ;-)
Great job!
Frithjof
Frithjof

Design-HSB

Hi Russ, thanks for the confirmation.

Hi Frithjof, thanks for your question Yes there helped eternal training because I grew up with my hands together. Luckily, she stopped growing at the size 11 or XXL glove. Only if you are 1.94 m tall, little hands and feet would look funny too. I also do not use magnifying glasses, but need a good sliding lens. But you can look forward to more than this morning I was in the mine and bought some original charcoal to make the model authentic.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

That is another excellent functional piece for the diorama.

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Meanwhile I was able to complete the model of the compressed air reel as you can see and it is now complete.

The fact that I arranged the track diagonally in the middle because of the largest possible length, the wall also yields a wider width for thrust. As a result, the water basin is still visible and so I have built it as well.

First I engraved the wall joints for the 3 wall parts with a 0.5 mm cutter in 5 mm thick MDF.

Then I milled the outer contour with a 1.5 mm cutter.

First sample of reel and water basin. The reel is now also mounted and blackened on its base plate. In the background the water basin, which in my opinion revalues the scene.

Finally, a look at the Cakebox model, which fits perfectly into a cakebox, but is far from finished.

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

That looks very satisfactory and, when it is complete, should be even more satisfactory. The composition--how you angled the diorama into the box--really adds to its appearance. -- Russ