• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My coal mine scale 1:22.5

Started by Design-HSB, May 05, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Hello everyone,
I build my model scale faithfully in scale 1: 22.5, according to a real model. Furthermore, I have not reported anything for a long time because of many other projects. Now I bought a SONY Cyber-shot DSC-QX100 and tested this on my model. I have times tried to take picture shots, which served me as a model as a model in the model as a similar persistence.

Here are some examples:

Certainly everything has not been finished yet and much more can be improved.
Only my biggest problem building site the electronics, I could finally solve, because I can everything everything like doors, turntable and cranes put into function and now reliable over my mobile phone.

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Nice! I like seeing the comparison of prototype scenes with the model.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Me, too. Your model a very accurate miniature of the full size tram. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Nice work, Helmut. Thanks for posting the prototype photos to see how closely you constructed your model.

Design-HSB

I have long been building on my model of the Visitor mine "Klosterstollen". The model represents the entrance with the mine railway into the "Klosterstollen". I not only attach importance to model-like models, but to me, things have to work even more smoothly. That's why not only trains, but also all gates and cranes can still be moved. Meanwhile, it all works even via ITrain with Dinamo and Z21 controlled by the PC. This is because not some plan is executed, but the visitors start by means of key press functions and the operation itself.

At exhibitions I was asked again and again how does this actually look underground, in other words in the mine. As a supplement I plan a fiddle yard that is supposed to get on a sete then the terminus station in the mountain. However, there will also be concealed storage possibilities. I thought about presenting small scenes from the mine.

Just how I had thought for a long time until I got the right inspiration on Facebook. The Cakebox challenge of the British model Railway newspaper BRM was reported there. I read the conditions and thought class that fits exactly. The maximum size of the scene must fit into an 8 x 8 x 6inch cakebox.

The first difficulty began with the fact that there is no such cakebox to buy in Germany. I solved this problem by simply creating such a box of MDF myself.

Then the planning and the reflection began with which scene I start. I also decided again for a special company presentation. On approx. 1500 m studs, the studs go through an already 1871 fully walled zone. In the visitor mine, a pit wagon with a compressed air reel is pulled out of the tunnel at this point. As a pit guide I have demonstrated and explained this in the original many times myself. So, I can also use the 3d printed figure very well for it.

My design shows the bricked start of the tunnel of 1871. I drew the masonry after a photo of the original.

The masonry I will engrave in again in MDF. Everything should, of course, fit completely into a cakebox, but still consist of a box open to the front. Of course, this will hopefully enhance the impression of a mine.

The button with the green ring is a button that will start a small show. To do this, I will supply a microcontroller with a battery. The few SMD LEDs will hardly consume electricity. I believe that the issue will definitely be solved by a power supply. A servo will then pull the pit wagon out of the tunnel.

In the meantime, I have made the first walls of MDF and ground them. As I write this here, on my milling, further stone strips are created for the stud lining. I would like to build the tunnel on the other hand like a hull on frames.

This is how I build a fully functional model-based micro layout in scale 1:22.5 with a 26, 7mm gauge to only 8 x 8 x 6 inches to complement my monastery studs.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

I love how accurately you plan your models, create the parts, and assemble them. Your work is satisfactory. -- Russ

Barney

Well its different with atmosphere - nice workmanship
Barney

Design-HSB

Many Thanks, Russ and Barny.

in the meantime, I have constructed further parts and milled them on the CNC machine. Of course, first of all, only the bricks with their joints and the outer contour of the components. Directly on the CNC machine I have painted all joints with acrylic paint gray. This is like a primer and first improves the MDF. With the roller shown in the picture then follows another primer in the stone color.

For this I give a few drops of ocher and brick red on a glass plate. With the roller, the color is only roughly mixed by rolling and then rolled onto the MDF.
As desired, the color only reaches the raised areas, giving the stones a very beautiful, irregular base tone in the brick color.

The many stone strips are intended for the reproduction of the lining of the tunnel.

Next up is the pedestal on which the track is coming, which, of course, will get a cavity by placing the OC32NG, which will then be responsible for the animation.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Fascinating! I'm always happy to see more of your work on this mine.

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

In the meantime, I have made the wall parts and the stone strips for the tunnel and put them together for the test. Of course also the cobblestone with "Schlegel and Eisen" and the year 1871.
I would like to use the diagonal to get as much track length as possible. In addition, by the slope of the insight in the actually much too short studs are not so accurate that are in the original finally 25m.

What do you think?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Since I go to exhibitions more often with my "Klosterstollen" model, here are 2 pictures, how I simplified the transport.

Transport my "Klosterstollen" model from the upper floor down and back.

From the EC via a ramp to the car and back.

Thus, the transport is possible without outside help.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Helmut, Your work is always inspirational to see and read about. The cake box mine view is no exception. I really like how you replicated the mine entry and how it will all fit diagonally in the box.Your storage and transportation method for the diorama is also impressive.

finescalerr

Greg Hile

Ditto Russ' ditto. Very creative, both in design and logistics!