• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My coal mine scale 1:22.5

Started by Design-HSB, May 05, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Beautiful piece. Looks almost exactly like the real thing (I actually thought it was when I first glanced at the photo). What material are the teis/sleepers (Schwellen) made of? Nickel Silver?
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Design-HSB

Hi Marc,

yes it is all made ​​of nickel silver.

Only until the confused looks something similar to the original one, I'll probably still have some work.

Meanwhile, the track panel is assembled and blackened.

Now it only needs the rust to see how I can do.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

okiecrip

gary wise

finescalerr

Design-HSB

Hello,

time for model railway exhibition on 07 and the DEV 08/09/13 , I was able to finish my cover for my monastery Great model.

But see for yourself:

Once the model is clearly recognizable by the logo now.
Then it contains an LED lighting is also dimmable.
In addition, the aperture display is not installed, is running a presentation to the "Klosterstollen" model.

The other side also bears the logo clearly visible and a control monitor for the built-in video cameras.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Congratulations on getting it ready for exhibition. I hope others will be as impressed as we are. -- Russ

Design-HSB

Hello,

I have long ceased to report from my mine ..

But I wanted to do with my railings on.

For this I needed such a mounting bracket as handrail support.
Thanks to the proven magnetic tapes taking measurements is not a problem.
In addition, a few sketches with dimensions and the Self is nothing to prevent more.

Here is the mounting bracket for fastening the rail stanchion.

Originated from 4 piece brass milled parts.
The length is 13.3 mm or 0.525 inch.

Otherwise, I've worked a long time on the electrics to fit the operation to IPad with DCC to.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

I guess you made that piece pretty perfect. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Hi,

Helmut invited me to add an item to his Klosterstollen model. He sent this pile of wooden sleepers to me.

Those were going to be part of another pile. This one:

The pile served as  emergency stop for wagons running down the line from the waste tip.

Depth had to be reduced in the model. That's the result:

Band clamp is made from self adhesive copper foil, which was burnished and painted with Gouache.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

lab-dad

I really like this!
So simple but yet elegant!
I cant wait to try out all these scenery tips i have been seeing here!
-Mj

BKLN

Great color on the rocks, Volker!

Peter_T1958

Great! This would be an ideal sample for stonework in my own area in my hometown.
It looks the same as in your work and I especially like the subtle greenish hue.
It is so: wherever I look, I see green stone walls. It's a fact, I used not to pay any attention before.
I thought that it would be an interesting project, to photograph the same wall month after month from the same angle to find out how much the colour of the object differs from season to season ...

Just a small remark  to the wood grain: It seems somewhat too pronounced to me ...

Keep up your inspiring work!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

finescalerr

I have some very old railroad ties in the backyard with grain as pronounced as what Volker created. I have no criticism of the model.    ...Yet. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Thanks, Marty, Christian and Peter,

Quote from: Peter_T1958 on May 21, 2014, 11:23:28 AM
Just a small remark  to the wood grain: It seems somewhat too pronounced to me ...

you're absolutely right. Helmut prefabricated the sleepers including the grain the same way he did before for his model. We talked about that. It was Helmut's deliberate decision to forego an more realistic appearance considering all the other built in sleepers of the Klosterstollen would look somewhat coarse otherwise. I think he was right. And - funny tio mention: When Helmut started with this model in 2005 (?) it was state of the art!

It is another sort of wood (I have beech ties), which is very difficult to engrave at the faces. Helmut, what is it?

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Design-HSB

Hi,

the railroad sleepers are much older as Volker wrote.
About 30 years ago I created wooden sleepers for this model.

About 10 years ago I used the first thresholds for a diorama, which is the basis for my model today.
The fact is also that very old weathered cracked sleepers have already been used on the original mine, for construction.
When building my model I'm trying to build the state of 10 years ago after the originals.

I think it would be no good image result when I would use different styled timber for the model.

At the moment I just create the missing railings.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal