• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My coal mine scale 1:22.5

Started by Design-HSB, May 05, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

I like the lichen and moss on the rock pile. I really feel humid and cold to the touch
eric

Ray Dunakin

Nice job on the rock pile, and the handrail! The texture and coloration of the rocks is excellent. The texture of the ties is also good too, assuming they are meant to represent old, heavily-weathered ties.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Franck Tavernier

Excellent work!

Impressive construction techniques used... ;)

Franck

Design-HSB

After I had reported longer anything more at this point, I would like to raise the coverage again, especially since in other threads the topic Mining is shown.

As at any other mine also belongs to the Monastery tunnel compressor station which of course I also want to simulate the model.

Here, the compressor station next to the shaft can be seen, and as it will be also on my model.

Here is another recent picture of the now displaced, modified compressor station.

But now to the model:
At first I tried simply to build plastic, but this proved to be very difficult due to the sometimes very low wall thicknesses, the compressor station. there with us an extra garbage can for recycled materials Fortunately.

So I resorted to the tried and tested for my material metal back and already with some cutting and bending, I could solder the station with the help of some brass scrap strip the model together.

The roof was made of an aluminum offset printing plate.

Here is a photo of the items.

By separating in assemblies of different colors, it is now easier to perform the paint job.

Meanwhile, the compressor has received the first color.

Meanwhile, other small parts are as signs u.s.w. added.

Watching are actually not all, since they are later on the back of the viewer.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Helmut, You may have started modeling the compressor in plastic, then changed to brass, but your work looks like solid gold to me. Not only do your models look good and accurate and highly detailed, they are also sturdily constructed.

1-32

hi helmut
looking really good
cheers kim

finescalerr

Another excellent addition to your diorama. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Holy cats, that sure looks great! Hard to tell it's not full-size.

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

The brass model is gorgeous!!!!
Great job
Marty

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Design-HSB

Hello,

I just wanted to report again.

With my monastery model I participated in the Miba competition "Ripe for the stage" and occupied a 3 place.

Urkunde 3. Platz Miba Wettbewerb "Reif für die Bühne"

Reason enough to continue working. Inspired by visits to miniature wonderland, I would also like to install a button that the audience can use to trigger an expiration. For this I have chosen the shaft II here I have just tried to show the desired procedure manually.

https://youtu.be/MDs_atVZp9I

The sequence consists of a Piezotaster with green and red identification, after all, 6 servos and the light in shaft II. For this I looked for a control, which made this possible. I found this control in the Netherlands with PiCommIT and the OC32. The OC32 as can be seen in the next video can be controlled manually, via a PC or DCC. The OC32 has 32 outputs or inputs. This can be connected to buttons, switches, LEDs, motors or servos and magnetic articles. So everything you want to control or regulate your model railway.

In order to gain experience, I first built up a test installation with the OC32 and all components required for the sequence control at the monastery studs.

Then I am intensively involved with the manuals available for this and I also visited seminars offered by PiCommIT.

The result I can present here today the test installation works now flawlessly the process, but see for yourself:

https://youtu.be/XtMPWW7_M1c

Now I can do the next OC32 in the monastery tunnels.

Since movements are best shown in the video, at the moment no pictures and only videos.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Congratulations on the award and the electronic device is very clever. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Congratulations, Helmut! Glad that your mine diorama is getting seen by a wide audience.

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi Helmut.
well done with your new model.
happy new year cheers