• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

peanut butter lid diorama

Started by chester, April 24, 2011, 05:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

Several years ago on the Scale Auto Magazine web forum, the creative mind of Virgil Suarez came up with a challenge to put a diorama on the lid from a peanut butter jar. The idea caught on in a variety of modeling communities and I'm sure you all have seen at least one somewhere. I cheated a bit on this one using a base from a one pound propane canister that give an additional 1/4" in diameter over the PBL.
   The vehicle here is a 1/87 scale cast metal kit of a Kleiber truck from an outfit called On-Track. There is little information on the prototype so I took some liberties with it.

Junior

Great looking little diorama! Nice touch with the canvas roof and the fence as a backdrop. All the junk looks good too. Have seen a few "peanut" dioramas but this is certainly one of the best.

Anders ;D

Younger

Peanut butter lids (PBLs) are useful for simple model displays as well. Here are a few I've done:
-Younger
-Younger

chester

Thanks Anders.
Younger, I remember these, all nice builds, thanks for bringing them back.

One might call this next, part one of the PBL's for me. Done several years ago, it could very well be the highway entrance for the salvage yard pictured in the first diorama displayed above.

Chris

yes coooool love this kind of utilisation
in France we have an old tradition with bottle of whisky cognac and others liquors...

Welcome to Wherever You Are!

finescalerr

I hope the builder made good use of the cognac! -- Russ

Don Railton

Chris

Quote from: finescalerr on April 25, 2011, 12:34:05 AM
I hope the builder made good use of the cognac! -- Russ

Just look at the result ;D
Welcome to Wherever You Are!

chester

Chris, amazing!
Don, could very well be a street corner in Easton, Pa. Very nice.

This started out as a PBL but the wife thought it needed a more sophisticated base.

Don Railton

Chester - You are close! It's actually Philadelphia.

Don

http://public.fotki.com/DonRailton/