• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Fantastic work as usual. Too bad about the dying mill, but at least you'll be getting a shiny new one. I hope it gives you many good years of service.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Sami

fspg2

After a new milling motor was commissioned, I could mill out two jigs from Pertinax.

Stehpult_08 (fspg2)

Stehpult_09 (fspg2)

Stehpult_10 (fspg2)

Next, the cover plate for the high desk came into line.

Stehpult_15 (fspg2)

Only for one single pedestal desk I would never even bothered to do it with the Pertinax teachings, but for a small series already.

Stehpult_13 (fspg2)

So a new milling file was created.

Stehpult_14 (fspg2)

Into a 0.3 mm nickel silver plate four 2.0mm holes were drilled first. Afterthen 0.15mm deep grooves for the bending edge were milled with a V-cutter. The plate had been glued with Gudy 870 on the MDF board.

Stehpult_11 (fspg2)

Then the sheet was dissolved from the wooden board using a thin cutter blade. I removed the remnants of the adhesive film. Now the second side was provided with Gudy 870.
Into the previously drilled four holes I put brass pins to align the back of the nickel silver plate. Then the bending edges and the external contours were milled.

Stehpult_12 (fspg2)

After that I bent the sheets with the help of two brass profiles, into which I saw 0.3mm wide slots.
Frithjof

finescalerr

That is so sophisticated I think I'm getting a headache! -- ssuR

Ray Dunakin

These methods are so far beyond me, yet still fascinating to see!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

Russ, Ray - Thanks :)

Today, the first high desk was soldered - the Pertinax gauge helped. Then I cutted off the overhanging legs.

Stehpult_17 (fspg2)

The pertinax teaching has been aligned to the saw table and secured with crepe tape. The saw blade was slowly moved from bottom to top while sawn off the excess L-profiles.

Stehpult_18 (fspg2)

Stehpult_19 (fspg2)

The foreman noticed immediately that there were a few parts still missing: the cover plate, the wooden boards on the lower shelf and the button on the drawer.

Stehpult_20 (fspg2)

Frithjof

fspg2

In search of other equipment and furnishing for my old shed, I came across an old work barrow on the webside of Paul Petau. However, he offered this only in scale 1: 43.5. Look here.
So I draw a little bit  and cut the first parts on my small circular saw.

Alter_Transtportwagen_01 (fspg2)

Alter_Transtportwagen_02 (fspg2)

Existing limewood cutting boards were cut to 9.4 mm width and 1.0 mm thickness.

Alter_Transtportwagen_03 (fspg2)

Always 9 boards were glued on both sides to an 0.2 mm nickel silver plate.
So I got a material thickness of 2.2mm.

Alter_Transtportwagen_09 (fspg2)

The correct wide caused the circular saw again. So that the wood doesn´t frazzled, it was secured with tape previously.

Alter_Transtportwagen_04 (fspg2)

With the milling machine a 1.5mm deep slot was cuttet in MDF and the boards got 0.8mm holes in two rows.

Alter_Transtportwagen_05 (fspg2)

Alter_Transtportwagen_06 (fspg2)

The milled brass frame received the same holes. 

Alter_Transtportwagen_08 (fspg2)

Frithjof

Ray Dunakin

Nice. I like the idea of sandwiching some metal between the planks to give it strength, without detracting from the appearance.

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Beautiful fabrication. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Nicely planned and constructed. The model will look really good and not be too fragile.

lab-dad

Great!
I assume you will make the wheels?
Looking forward to seeing that process!!!!

-Marty

LesTindall

Yes, I'm particularly interested in how you do the wheels. I have a project on the go which uses similar wheels.

Les

fspg2

Thanks for your interest ☺

Now I´ll go on with the wheels. They have a diameter of 26.5mm.

Alter_Transtportwagen_10 (fspg2)

With Sheetcam the milling file (.tap) was created.

Alter_Transtportwagen_11 (fspg2)

Each two wheel halves were cut from 2.0mm brass sheet.

Alter_Transtportwagen_12 (fspg2)

Alter_Transtportwagen_13 (fspg2)

The two wheel halves were soldered together. Then I smoothed the tread with sandpaper on my lathe. The first iron wheel is burnished already.

Alter_Transtportwagen_14 (fspg2)

Frithjof

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr