• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Campagne Locotracteur

Started by Carlo, January 20, 2011, 09:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

Hello, all -

After a long sojourn into clay sculpture (http://www.spirito.biz/sculpture.html), I have decided to build a some 7/8ths scale  models again. I have been fascinated by this little French WWI locomotive for a while now. I just love that the builders took the time and effort to add some curves and other aesthetics to the design.See 2 photos below (one in operation, and one abandoned).

After finding little about it on the web, I finally discovered a single restored loco of this type, in Spain and, thanks to contact with Claus Nielson, who built a model (in 1/4" scale, I believe) I now have clear side and end views, with some key dimensions.

I still do not know the manufacturer, how many were made, or if others still exist, and I have discovered no actual plans. However, I'm not going to let this stop me! So far, I have been working on building the chassis in styrene. I will share my progress here. Meanwhile, if anyone has other info on this unique little lokey, let me know.

Carlo

Ray Dunakin

That's a really attractive little loco! Should be a fun build.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Carlo

OK, I have just about finished the 7/8ths scale chassis. It turns out that the AristoCraft short motor block is just about the correct wheelbase for this loco. It also fits under the floor, leaving room fopr batteries and R/C gear. I added Sierra Valley 7/8ths wheels. That takes care of the mechanics.

The rest is built from styrene, and my own resin castings for the journal/spring assemblies, along with a bunch of Tichy rivets, some wire, and a few bolts. Here are some photos of the primed chassis. Next will be the vacu-formed hood, and all the above-footplate details.

Regards, Carlo

Ray Dunakin

Awesome! Looks like you're off to a great start!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Nice work on the journals and springs. -- Russ

Malachi Constant

Great job of taking advantage of the larger scale!  All those free-standing detail elements will really add a load of dimension to the finished model.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

NORCALLOGGER

Carlo,
Very nice start.  I love the springs and hangers.
Rick

JohnP

Superb chassis. Bravo. Love the springs and journals.

This is a fine example of a small, simple prototype in a large scale; detail you can almost taste but in a manageable scope.

Please, when you explain the vacu-formed hood, describe in detail creating the louvers.  And what equipment you are using.

Thanks, John   
John Palecki

marc_reusser

Very nice build so far. Look forward to seeing more.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works