• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quick Bricks

Started by Ken Hamilton, January 12, 2011, 05:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

I recently noticed that our binding machine at work produced rectangular holes that resemble bricks:

The chad (...the only reason I know that word is because of the Florida Presidential Election Fiasco...)
measure in at 3"x 7-1/2" in 1/2" scale - not a standard size, but quite workable within my "close enough" scale.

Using textured report covers, which are somewhat thicker than cardstock, I banged out a few to try.
The purests among us might take exception, but I think with some color they'll look pretty good....

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Chuck Doan

We have one of those too. I must have thrown out enough bricks to build a small city. Looks promising!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Malachi Constant

Buchanen for President!  ;D

Oops ... I meant ... wow, clever moment seeing the bricks in the chads there ... which prompts yet another idea:  With all the folks going "scrapbooking" and similar crafts there are zillions of different paper punches out there.  Rectangles might be a bit "boring" for those folks, but maybe there are a few different sizes out there.

Neat find,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

madmike3434

I bet that wall turns out great....because they sure look good. !
Great discovery.
mike

Mr Potato Head

Some might say it looks Gore-ish ? and others Bush-league? 
Sorry Ken I just couldn't pass this one up! LOL
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho