• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Playland Penny Arcade

Started by Ken Hamilton, December 01, 2010, 06:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

Christian:  Here's the revised roof.  The basket definitely works better.

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Malachi Constant

So cool ... stuff that you usually DON'T see on a building dio ... executed beautifully ... droopy clothes lines with actual wood pins ... great job on making the basket look well-used ... floor mat has a nice texture.  Sweet!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

BKLN

Nice one, Ken!

I was wondering the whole time if you would go for a plastic basket or some other material. But this is right on!

Bexley

How did you do the clotheslines? I read back through the thread, and didn't see it mentioned.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Ray Dunakin

Awesome!

One small thing bothering me though... the stairway structure looks like it's just sitting on top of the roofing material. I'm no expert but shouldn't there be some kind of flashing or something?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Andi Little

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on March 31, 2012, 08:25:06 PM
Awesome!

One small thing bothering me though... the stairway structure looks like it's just sitting on top of the roofing material. I'm no expert but shouldn't there be some kind of flashing or something?

The same thing struck me Ray - honestly, right at the get go [cool Americanism -huh]?  That really is how it looked but not being familiar with American building practices I hesitated to say anything - plus I didn't want to sound mean spirited.

I mean in England the dang thing would of floated off within the week .......................... AND - why can't I get "No batteries required" out of my head? - You'll have to get Michael to knock up one of those doody little flying saucers.
KBO..................... Andi.

granitechops

Ken, I am just watching, listening & learning,!!!!
getting lots of ideas from you,
every time I think you have finished, up pops something new

Just nit picking now, but when I bring the washing in & leave a peg on the line, gravity swings the longer length down, so I guess your clothes line is ( because of scale limitations) too strong to twist with the weight(?) of the pegs

Flashing? on stair top?
Maybe, well just maybe, roof access was originally just through a roof Hatch, which would have had an upstand around the lip to protect from water ingress, & the stairwell roof was then an addition over & outside that, so still waterproof
Just thinking
Don in sunny Devon, England

chester

I just love watching Dr. Hamilton operate. Well done Ken.

Ken Hamilton

The premise here is that layers of roofing paper have been applied by shoddy workmen, who
haven't been overly concerned about proper sealing methods; however, if it's not reading
too well I'll take another look.
As far as the clothes pins, I actually did try putting them on the line at different angles, but some
things that occur in the real world just don't translate convincingly in scale (for me, anyway..)
Thanks for the input

Bexley, the clothesline is painted floral wire, carefully bent and kinked. 
I say "carefully" because It's solid wire that's not too "springy".

Thanks for all the other comments, too.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

michael mott

Ken, the entrance of the theatre is amazing!! The tension on the line with the mat works perfectly I must agree I like the round basket better on the roof, perhaps the wheeled one in the corner of the entrance laid on its side a great debris trap.

Michael