• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

Was looking at the photos and saw Chuck's post .. and can't help grinning at the thought of Anders as a Chuck Doan 'Mini me' ... haha
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

jacq01

a 3D documentation.  Very wel done.

comparing Chuck's and Anders'  work with each other is like comparing apples and pears.
  Each is so different, have their own appeal and can easily stand side by side in what is possible in various scales. 
  The ultimate will be both models standing side by side to absorb the differences.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Ken Hamilton

Those night shots are absolutely incredible.
I'll say it again:  This is the most convinclngly real HO diorama I've ever seen.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

BKLN

Anders, we won't let you get away that easy. Can you explain the construction / wiring of the lamp posts a little?
They turned out really nice. Just like everything else.  ::)

Gordon Ferguson

Anders,

can really only agree with all the comments .... the night shots are fantastic, however agree with the comments re maybe shooting some more at "eye level" think that would add even more realism to some great modelling
Gordon

fspg2

Anders,

it´s wonderful, that´s a great job :)  When I see your fantastic pictures, ...

...I can not believe that it is only 1:87!

Admit it, you use the same trick like I have used recently here ;D: for every purpose a different size of the coin:

Frithjof
Frithjof

Chuck Doan

Don't be giving away all the secrets!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

DaKra

Mr. Krakow better have a pretty freakin' big cash register!   :)

finescalerr

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: fspg2 on April 28, 2011, 01:07:25 PM
Admit it, you use the same trick like I have used recently here ;D: for every purpose a different size of the coin:
Frithjof

Ah ha... the return of the giant penny...  ;)

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful! An amazing level of realism and detail for HO scale.

What kind of LEDs were used? What voltage do they run on?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Junior

Thanks very much guys for all the kind input - much appreciated. I think the advise on the camera angle came out real nice so here we go again with some new pictures - no night pictures yet.

Christian, I have some close up pictures of the lamp posts that I could e-mail you and at the same time describe how they were wired.

Ray, the LED´s are from this manufacturer http://ngineering.com/index.htm and operate on 9 V. Bill Sartore was kind enough to solder the wires to the LED´s. I believe this can be a real nightmare.

Frithjof, those Euro cents look great...... :o

Anders ;D

Junior

Junior

Junior