• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Packing Shed

Started by granitechops, November 16, 2010, 02:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frederic Testard

I love the detailing of your scene. It looks natural and gives the viewer a nice number of focal points.
Frederic Testard

Junior

Quote from: granitechops on January 13, 2011, 08:34:29 AM
Been assembling a collection of bits & pieces to put in odd corners of shed.
I am leaning towards muiltiple use of this shed, after all, packing of produce cant take place at full capicity for all 12 months of the year, so in out of season it will also be used as a vehicle maintenance & overhaul shop, which would allow me to use things like these cam belts, inspired by reading Christian & Anders Junior garage threads

Mmmhh, looks like someone packed them inside out   ;D

This is 1/12 BTW, thats a small enamel paint tin in the back ground
Very nice work Don with lots of great details. HereĀ“s my paint can and a fan belt hope you will be able to see it.

Anders ::)

granitechops

Ha Ha!!
all the more respect for what your doing Anders, I recon I would be crosseyed working in that scale now that I am pushing 70!
I could not see it till I enlarged the view   ;D
Don in sunny Devon, England

Ray Dunakin

The pipes and lumber stored under the platform is a great detailing idea!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

granitechops

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, or outside on the new base, has appeared the top of an underground water storage tank, in the form of a concrete slab.
with locating lugs for .  .  .

granitechops

.  .  .  a lean to shed, made from 4 uprights & a roof of an old redundant Wherry deck cover from down in the Canal Basin.

granitechops

Close up of locating pockets.

granitechops

A tank needs a protected vent & a manhole cover

granitechops

Insert some mesh from a redundant fire spark guard,

oops, it needs reworking, the levels are wrong, that could lead to a trip hazard

granitechops

Ok, so cut it up, redid the levels & did a bit of painting, needs a bit more attention to detail & a concrete finish to the slab.

granitechops

Been doing a bit more to the concrete base, & given the manhole cover a lick more paint

( Concrete is still wet )

Ray Dunakin

That turned out nice. Interesting method for producing the diamond tread texture.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

granitechops

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on February 04, 2011, 08:20:36 PM
That turned out nice. Interesting method for producing the diamond tread texture.

Yes cant remember where I read it, either 7/8s or Gn15 forums

One thing I found as the mesh is painted steel, it wont glue propery to the styrene with solvent, corners lift etc.

So I used superglue,  cyanocrylate, this not only held the mesh but partially rounded the diamond 'pockets'.
& I also used revell enamel paint to avoid any water in acrylics from causing rust, as this part of the model, the concrete base & barel roof shed will be outside on Stoneycome quarries in the summer ( when it does rain)

granitechops

Still more to do, but interim pic of lean-to

granitechops

end view thro netting