• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

DONE! » Prototype 01 Vincent [Futuristic] 1/20 Scale

Started by FichtenFoo, September 04, 2010, 08:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FichtenFoo

Hi everyone. Marc Reusser told me about this place and said I should post some stuff here. I figured I'd start with what I'm working on at the moment which is a 1/20 scale Rt. 66 style motel parking lot to be used with a retro 50's "Futuristic" robot. The bot will be pretty damaged and painted in a baby blue and white with chrome trim and glowing/flickering red eyes thanks to a self-modified flickering LED tealight candle I stripped to fit in the chest.

I do pretty detailed progress pages on my blog so everything and more pics than below (lots more) can be seen here: http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/tag/vincent/

The rest of my site/gallery can be seen at http://www.fichtenfoo.com

Chicks dig giant robots.

marc_reusser

Oh man, your progress on this is just so cool. Really great attention to detail (I think I may have been at this motel in Bakersfield.  ;D ): The tar lines in the asphalt came out perfect & I love the Water proof outlet box. The texture/finish on the painted concrete block, and sign post is spot on.

Of course the reference to Jenny is priceless!

Look forward to seeing more on this one!

I was not aware that he had produced the W.Wood Proto robot...that looks like a very cool kit.  Did he ever do the one with the snake like tube arms and claw hands?

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

JohnP

I like when someone takes an ordinary everyday thing and models it. Some folks have the eye to pick out the details that are the soul of the inanimate object. Chuck Doan has it. It seems so does FichtenFoo.

Marc, did they have hourly rates there??

John
John Palecki

RoughboyModelworks

Welcome to the forum Michael... glad to see that Marc convinced you to join in on this mad group. Been following this sign project on your blog... wonderful stuff, very evocative on its own sans robot.

Paul

finescalerr

Quite satisfactory. Thank you for joining our forum and for posting your rather adequate modeling. -- Russ

Malachi Constant

Real nice!  Don't think I've ever seen one of those signs actually modeled in miniature before ... the backwards "3" as an "E" and extraneous red number add those believable touches.  Electrical box at bottom of the post looks really good.  Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

FichtenFoo

Thanks everyone! I'm noticing a lot of familiar names and even some from Fish Sub list.  8)

Marc: The reference to Jenny was pure accident, but funny none the less. (I would rather not "make her mine" thank you very much.) I only used that number since I didn't think I'd have enough 5's.  :D These are the only two he's released so far, but he's got more in the works.

John P: I love Chucks work and have learned a lot from his tutorials. He's definitely an inspiration here. "HOURLY RATES" was one of the lines I was considering under "GET A ROOM".

Chicks dig giant robots.

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard, Michael! Wow, that little mini-diorama looks great already!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

FichtenFoo

Thanks Ray.

Here's more pics of the 95% complete base showing just what kind of trashy motel this is.

http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/tag/vincent/

Chicks dig giant robots.

Malachi Constant

Well, just to prove that modelers say the strangest things:  nice trash!  ;D

Seriously, neatly (though not really "neatly") done ... those little bits add all sort of dimension and help tell the story.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

Welcome Michael! Great job on the motel sign and having to tough out both sides! Looking great. I missed the song reference and now thanks to Marc I can't get it out of my head! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axLRUszuu9I

Those kinds of signs are excellent to model...something so common you recognize it immediately. Virgil (Damn Cranky) did a scene with one once that really worked.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

FichtenFoo

Thanks guys! Glad you like the garbage I produced. :D

I'll have to ask V where to find pics of that.
Chicks dig giant robots.

marc_reusser

Wow!...what trash!.....the cups are wonderful....as is the coment filled post with the concrete fill/patch at the base. Spot-On!

Chuck, I think that Don Rialton also did a liquor store sign in a sim style on one of his buildings.

Marc
(Between this thread and Chucks pump thread, I am just sitting here grinning like an idiot.)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

FichtenFoo

Chicks dig giant robots.

Ray Dunakin

Amazing work! How did you make those cups?

Eeewww... Is that a condom in the lower left corner? 

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World